I need some good authors, please!

resqchick

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I LOVE detective books and Political homicide books for example, Vince Flynn's "Mitch Rapp" series, and James Patterson's series' I have just finished Dean Koontz' "Frankenstein series" and I'm on Sylvia Nobel's books right now. Can anyone Recommend  some more authors for these type of stories for me. I've been searching through the librarys ebooks and it's hard to navigate with this old, broken down computer...lol. 

Thanks!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I love Douglas Preston and/or Lincoln Child. They write together, but they also each write separately as well. BIg Clive Cussler fan here, too, especially the Dirk Pitt series.

Last edited:

alexaandlily

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How about trying The Hardy Boys series?Those books are really interesting.I've read at least 20,25,or30 of them already.The books weren't really in order but I read them anyway.And I'll tell you...Those are the most interesting books ever!

bshcatlover

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I used to love James Patterson's novels, particularly his Alex Cross series.  A few recommendations I would make would be Patricia Cornwell, Sue Grafton, John Grisham, Tami Hoag and Kathy Reichs.

Also, I haven't read them yet, but I think Steig Larsson's trilogy, The Girl with te Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Played with Fire and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest might also interest you.  I plan on reading them eventually and I keep hearing wonderful things about those books.

sneakymom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
<<A few recommendations I would make would be Patricia Cornwell>>

Well- I'd reccomend her older books. 

The newer ones IMHO leave something to be desired. 

I saw her newest one last year (the one based at Dover AFB) in the library so I thought I'd give it a try.  The last book I read- maybe 6 years ago of hers- I didn't like it very much. 

I made it through maybe 2 chapters.  And then I put it down and didn't read any more of it- that's how much I didn't like it.  Took it back last week.

Carl Hiasson's books are quite funny. 

cheryl