I need some advice please

Alexandriabryant

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I gave my female 1 year old Ella Hartz flea treatment this morning and I realized it kind of went further down than I was expecting and she was able to lick it a few times and I looked up what to do and I’m extremely shocked on the things I found! Someone please help me because I’m very worried and don’t want anything to happen to her!!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have had cats lick the treatment before and though it is not good, foaming at the mouth, running around, they came through it fine. Those reactions are normal, the taste makes them drool and foam at the mouth. Encourage water or food to dilute what is in the stomach. A vet trip would be necessary if seizures or difficulty breathing comes about, but the taste is so nasty cats usually don't ingest that much. you could call your vet and ask if you need to do anything, but if it was me I would just monitor how your cat is doing, encourage water, and after 24 hours she should be fine! I always encourage people to put the treatment way up, starting almost between the ears, because I have been through exactly what you are going through now.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
You may have to track if there is vomiting or loose poop. Call your vet right away and ask him some advice or opinions, just to ease your mind or to be ready.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have had this happen, like others have said just keep a eye on her. My boy drooled but was fine. So fine in fact the next time I treated him I put the drop were he couldn't reach them right at the back of his head. So he went and licked his brothers flea treatment :headshake: Needless to say same thing with the drooling again. I sometimes think he has a death wish.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Alexandriabryant

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have had this happen, like others have said just keep a eye on her. My boy drooled but was fine. So fine in fact the next time I treated him I put the drop were he couldn't reach them right at the back of his head. So he went and licked his brothers flea treatment :headshake: Needless to say same thing with the drooling again. I sometimes think he has a death wish.
I have had cats lick the treatment before and though it is not good, foaming at the mouth, running around, they came through it fine. Those reactions are normal, the taste makes them drool and foam at the mouth. Encourage water or food to dilute what is in the stomach. A vet trip would be necessary if seizures or difficulty breathing comes about, but the taste is so nasty cats usually don't ingest that much. you could call your vet and ask if you need to do anything, but if it was me I would just monitor how your cat is doing, encourage water, and after 24 hours she should be fine! I always encourage people to put the treatment way up, starting almost between the ears, because I have been through exactly what you are going through now.
thank you so much!!!