I need mega vibes for my Aurora.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone. Sorry it took me so long to update and I want to thank everyone for the vibes.
Well, Aurora just came home from the hospital after spending 3 days there. I came home saturday and she was worse. Aurora was one of my only cats who wasn't spayed and I feel like an idiot. Well, Aurora had pyometra and she had it bad. Could not wait until Monday, so I had to take her to the emergency, where they performed emergency surgery and yes, she is now spayed. For those who do not know, pyometra is a very serious infection of the uterus and comes in 2 forms, open and closed. Closed is more serious than open, but both can be deadly. Aurora's was open, but it was bad. She had a very high fever and was dehydrated. This happened very fast too. On Friday I noticed she didn't eat as much as normal and by Saturday she was terrible. They had her on IV antibiotics for 3 days too. We visited her on Sunday and I could tell she was feeling much better. I am still worried however. They found a "mass" under a flap of skin. They sent it to a lab to be examined. The vet didn't seem too concerned, was doing the lab work just to be sure. However, I never like to hear things like this. I should know the results in a day or two.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you for the update! I'm so sorry to hear what happened, but thank goodness you caught it in time.

she continues on the mend and the "mass" turns out to be - as the vet suspects - nothing.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What an ordeal.
I am so glad that you caught the pyometra in time.

Adding my vibes that Aurora's mass is just benign tissue.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope I hear from them tomorrow, I hate waiting for things like this. I am sure it is nothing, but the "what ifs" keep crossing my mind.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The wait for lab results is awful....
get some rest if you can.

Aurora

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad that you caught it in time.I had a cat years ago that seemed to be fine one day and deathly ill the next,and that's what it was.I didn't know there was such a thing as closed or open.They never told me that.They spayed her and she was on antibiotics for 10 days.Thoughts and prayers that the lab results will be okay.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh John, I am so sorry, and also so relieved to know you caught it on time! thank goodness!

Many vibes for this mass to be nothing, please keep us updated!

myrage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thank you for the update glad she's better, hope it keeps on the positive side.

be safe.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Still sending those vibes.

Thank goodness it was open - I've heard of two cases this year already from my friends whose cats have had the closed and died