I need helpful holistic nutritional advice for my cat babies

catmamalover

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi dear cat Mamas,

I have a difficult dilemma with my cats' nutrition and I need some helpful caring advice.  Long story short, they are brofur and sisfur, about 9 years old, very healthy and strong and doing great...they both have a lot of kitten in them and they run around and play and go crazy during the Full Moon phase.  Due to economics, I've been feeding them Purina's natural food line "Naturals" and I'm not in love with it, but it's far better than the toxic unhealthy commercial stuff that is laden with synthetic toxic ingredients, but I am seriously considering transitioning them over to something much healthier and easier to digest.  Here is the problem they are having...they cough up fur balls like most cats, but often there is some food mixed in and sometimes in between cat spit ups and when they are still in the process and haven't finished, they spit up bile, it looks like it anyway, but what's really concerning me is that everyday they spit up fur balls and they spit up food and it's driving me crazy and I'm concerned...are there any holistic minded Intuitives here who can vibe and intuit what may be going on?  Is it possible that my cats have indigestion and maybe suffering from some kind of mild food poisoning or is this normal behavior with spit ups? Is there a way to minimize the spit ups? Does anyone have positive experience with Wellness food or other similar holistic organic natural cat food and does it help digestion and spit up fur balls? My girl cat spits up much more than my boy cat and if need be, I'll feed them separate foods.  I'd feed them wet food, but it doesn't hold up well in the heat and they are finicky cats.  My intuition vibe tells me they are very healthy and are eating well, but they might be missing something or they need something improved.  Thank you for listening. Please advise and help, thank you! Peace Love Hugs xox <3

thehistorian

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello there! First and foremost, is the food you feed them dry or wet? If it is dry, I highly recommend introducing wet into their diet as soon as possible and slowly transitioning them over to a wet diet.

Wet is far better for cats and as it sounds like they have a furball problem, the best dietary choice for them. Dry food gums up the works so o speak an can make hair balls much more difficult to pass.

As for which wet food brands to try on a budget, the following will do: Fancy Feast, Sheba, Friskies etc.

If you can go over the 1.00 a can range, I would recommend giving Nutro Natural Choice cans a chance. My cat inhales them, as do many other cats I have encountered. The cans are 1.19 per can, kind of pricey but far cheaper than stuff like Blue and Wellness that contain way too many carbs.

Good luck!

Others will have better and further advice about how to correct this problem.

Last edited: