I need help

spookywooky

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So i adopted a kitten( 4months ) almost 2 and a half weeks ago and he was pretty good the first couple days but me monitoring him, he has seen to be getting worse. When i got him he was neutered, which really sucked because he's still just a kitten and i don't think its good for them at such a young age? I have tried to play him to stimulate him not being so lonely even tho he used to play with my other cat but he jus has been distancing himself recently and he keeps sneezing and he threw up all over my room the other day and i cant afford to go to the vet right now and im super stressed. This is my first time having cats but my other cat(also 4 months) is so energetic and always playing so it just doesn't make sense to me, i need answers.

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sneezing? Does he have any nasal discharge? Plus, he's vomiting. Perhaps an upper respiratory infection (URI). He probably should see a vet, despite your financial condition. Perhaps the vet's office can work something out regarding payment?

You can't make any hard and fast conclusions about his behavior until he feels well. He'll probably pick right back up after he gets better. Kittens do bounce right back.

Some vets fix kittens based on age; some do that based on their weight. I don't have any opinion on that, but it spares them a lot of sex-related stress and keeps them from having certain heath issues later in life.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
My vet fixes kittens at 4 months and I have done so with all feral kittens and young cats whom I have adopted as pets. I don't think that is your problem.

The symptoms of a URI are worrisome and you need to call the vet. This can escalate, the other kitten can become sick, and then the vet bill will be much more extensive.

I agree his lethargy is related to his feeling poorly.