I need help

lady_yuna

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This morning I got up and wanted to feed my cats. My two cat boys followed me in the kitchen and my other girl cat was laying on the couch. When I came back from the kitchen she was laying in a corner of the dining room. I called her over and she didn't want to come...so I brought the food over to her (she is 8 years old...so I tend to spoil her). Anyway, I noticed that she didn't get up and kept nursing her paw. After breakfest she tried to go into her sun spot and once again she couldn't move her front paw. She is not crying in pain and I can't see no bump or anything. What could this be? Could she have broken her paw while jumping from the couch? I can't bring her to the vet until tomorrow... should I wrap her leg? I hope someone can give me some advice because I am in tears over here.

Thank you

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She might have done damage to it. Just as likely is an abscess or cut. This could come from a fairly small puncture would, most likely a bite from one of the other cats. Examine it carefully, if you can. Notice if it feels hot or swollen. The fact that she doesn't feel like moving could be a bad sign that an infection has already seriously spread. If it doesn't improve a bunch during the day, get her to the vet as soon as you can; this is definitely an emergency, if it's an infection.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lady_yuna

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

She might have done damage to it. Just as likely is an abscess or cut. This could come from a fairly small puncture would, most likely a bite from one of the other cats. Examine it carefully, if you can. Notice if it feels hot or swollen. The fact that she doesn't feel like moving could be a bad sign that an infection has already seriously spread. If it doesn't improve a bunch during the day, get her to the vet as soon as you can; this is definitely an emergency, if it's an infection.
Thank you for the advice. I looked at her paw and there was no swelling or anything. I'll defintely keep an eye on it.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Be sure to check back, others may have more suggestions. And, of course, we'd like to know the outcome, so we can learn, too.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Be sure to take her to the ER vet if she doesn't get better throughout the day. The fact that she is laying around and not eating is definitely a bad sign... Can you take her temperature? If it is higher than 102.5 she is running a fever, a sign of infection, and should see a vet today if all possible.
Your vet should have an answer machine with the phone number for emergencies.