I need help with how to let a man know your intrested in him.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

i just got this pic in my head of big hairy women dragging a skinny nerd type guy out a door by his foot.

You have no idea how close to accurate that description is. I'm not hairy but I'm a BBW. he's tall and thin. And to be honest a little on the nerdy side, but he has a great smile.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am def. not the best person to advise, but I can so relate to several things you said, I had to post.

I quit dating for almost 10 years before I met my husband to be. When I met him, (I was 39) it was because I was open to trying to flirt again/date again. Here is one difference - we met online, so I didn't have the whole "what's his body language saying, is he interested"..I had to go by tone of emails. I became interested simply because we had some email conversations..I was myself, my wry sense of humor...and when I became interested and so unsure of whether or not he was interested (we met on a cat forum, so it wasn't exactly a dating site where you knew the other person was looking!), that I took a leap of faith and sent a present (we lived cross country)...that present (toys for his cats, my great aunt's homemade raspberry preserves, my homemade chocolate macadamia nut cookies) really caught his attention.

It sounds like he has a special touch with Jordan, I'd def. mention that, and how important it is for an owner, to have a vet with that quality, caring for your cat...maybe discuss the cat-human bond, find out if he has pets..just begin talking to him in a way that gets what is obviously one shared interest you both have - a relationship with pets.

Fwiw, I was no skinny minny and my dh to be was younger than I...a fair bit. I DO believe if it's meant to be (and one is open to it happening), it will be.

I would find out, if possible, if he's single or not (though you could work into any conversation re pets and their important part in our lives, that living alone, the companionship and unconditional affection is an important aspect of your having Jordan etc., and see what he says, maybe also mentioning that you are hopeful your next date won't end up a pile of bones courtesy of Jordan...make some joke letting him know you are open to dating??).

Like I said, I may not at all be the one to advise, but did want to share a bit of my story where it seemed similar.