I need help, stop me from pracracinating

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
wow wthat would be hard on me... I think this site is way to important but it is school so that is a good second
J/K

Girl sit down and just do it... Does it help sorry I am no one to talk I am bad about procracinating lol

sanctie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's not as much TCS for me as it is anything that is NOT what I'm supposed to be doing, lol. I have papers out the wazoo, one of them 52 page minimum that I have 3 pages for, lol, and some very tough research projects on my plate. But you see, Conner needs loving, or I need to check email, or I need to make cookies, or I need to go rent a movie or....well the list goes on and on. Haha! I do breaks as well and set limitations. I will sit down and say I cannot move until I've gotten 'x' amount of work done. I also do this when I need to clean and don't feel like it. I say, well I won't clean the whole house, but before I do anything else I have to do 10 productive things.
(Ex: 1. Dishes, 2. Make bed, 3. Fold Clothes...etc) and by the time I've done 10 things I have most everything done and have cleaned the whole house without feeling like it was a huge daunting task.
So, moral or my longwinded story, break things up, and psych yourself into being productive if need be. Best of luck dear.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hmmm....good ideas everyone
I am just so sick tho right now with this darn stomach flu I am pressuming, i dont wanna do anything, last night I leterally got 4 hours sleep total, but when I came home from shopping I went to take a nap and my mom let me sleep all day. I just dont have energy, u should of seen me shopping I was sitting down (squatting) every five minutes

But I am glad I am not the only one that likes to procracinate !!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can't help you whatsoever... I've been trying to do a stupid assignment all weekend (and it really is such a stupid assignment) but instead I keep procrastinating, and TCS is my number 1 favourite thing to procrastinate with!!!

My assignment has to be done on the computer, and I need the internet for research, so I can't even force myself to have the computer elsewhere.

DH is upstairs working on his laptop, maybe I'll go sit next to him for a bit - then I'll get in trouble if I look at TCS...

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LSULOVER

If you are going to college and you are gonna go for a while, then you need to get started on stuff like that now.

My daughter went to college for 6 1/2 years to get her masters degree. She studied all the time. She didn't have a lot of free time to do a lot of fun stuff. Her education was very important to her.
I have my masters from an accredited university and had plenty of free time to do fun stuff, BUT you have to budget your time very carefully and some weekends you have to be devoted to your work. I also keep a date book, which helps. You have to weigh things and decide what is more important. But that is life
Full of choices.
3-5 pages isn't that much at all, you can do it!

You have to get your mind in the right place. That varies for each person. Here are some tips that I found one time:
http://www.43folders.com/2004/11/18/...writers-block/

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You might want to start using spell check, procrastinate is the way it is spelled. Won't get far writing papers if you get marked down for spelling errors.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cococat

I have my masters from an accredited university and had plenty of free time to do fun stuff, BUT you have to budget your time very carefully and some weekends you have to be devoted to your work. I also keep a date book, which helps. You have to weigh things and decide what is more important. But that is life
Full of choices.

You have to get your mind in the right place. That varies for each person. Here are some tips that I found one time:
thank u imma have to check that out!

Originally Posted by gailuvscats

You might want to start using spell check, procrastinate is the way it is spelled. Won't get far writing papers if you get marked down for spelling errors.
I know I figured I spelled that wrong
But I love microsoft word lol !!!!

But I didnt get done what I needed to this weekend due to the stomach flue and being weak, but I hope that i get energy tomarrow! I got a lot to do, also the 3-5 pages well mines going to be more, my outline is more than 3 pages already
just imagine a paper double spaced, i have a feeling imma have alot of pages

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gailuvscats

We should ask Wyan to add spell check to TCS

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cococat

Full of choices.

I didn't mean that she spent every waking moment studying, I just meant that she did spend a lot of time doing that, she also worked part time. Then she got married, she still had a little over a year left in the masters program.

I am just saying that she studied very hard. And she made time for her school work first, then she did fun stuff.

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We should ask Wyan to add spell check to TCS
It does have spell check. It is free and I think you must download. Look at the check mark in the right hand corner of the reply box. there is a check mark with ABC above it.

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ProudKittieMom

hmmm....good ideas everyone
I am just so sick tho right now with this darn stomach flu I am pressuming, i dont wanna do anything, last night I leterally got 4 hours sleep total, but when I came home from shopping I went to take a nap and my mom let me sleep all day. I just dont have energy, u should of seen me shopping I was sitting down (squatting) every five minutes

But I am glad I am not the only one that likes to procracinate !!
am reading this and well I must say I get the feeling it is TMI LOL