I Need Help In Illinois!!!!!

lore

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by clixpix

Did you adopt her? That's so exciting!
She is going to be Spayed & Vaccinated first & then I will pick her up the day that she is ready
, which should be next week

Originally Posted by TortieBaby

I'm excited too!
I'm so happy that you are able to take her. I KNOW she'll be in grat hands AND I'll be able to get lots of updates.
Yippee!
OH MY GOSH! & I am a PHOTO NUT! You'll photo's ALL the time! & I'll capture pictures of those green eyes FOR SURE!

cocoalily

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lore

Guess who is going to be our 4th and final kitty

I'm SO EXCITED!
OMG!!! That's SO awesome.
Congratulations on your not-quote-there-yet arrival!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Bad news.
The plans fell through. It turns out that the kitty has a naughty streak and she tried to bite my hubby(he was tickling me and chased me into the room. I think I screamed, can't remember, and that's what triggered Pepper(a.k.a. Nanna, a.k.a. Emerald) to attack hubby and try and bite his leg. He had jeans and shoes on, so he didn't get hurt, but it freaked me out.

Anyways, because of that we do not feel that it's not safe for Lore to adopt Pepper since she has 4 very young children in the house. It's too much of a risk of someone getting hurt, especially since kids like to play and yell alot(kids will be kids, lol).

So, anyone else interested in adopting Pepper? lol

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh that's a shame.
I hope she finds a good home soon!

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, I've been slowly sneaking in the idea of keeping Pepper to hubby. I just make a quick comment every now and then like, "Poor Pepper, no one will ever want to adop a cat that could attack them. Maybe we should just keep her...". Then I look over at hubby to see his reaction. Usually whenever he hears that I want to keep or get another animal he snaps into action and immediately says "No!", but so far he has yet to react. Either this is a good sign or it's just him trying to ignore what I'm saying, lol.

I did a "test" on Pepper yesterday and screamed into a pillow to see what she would do and she came charging at ME! I thought last night she was just protecting me, but I guess not. I think she was just attacking hubby beause she thought HE was the one screaming.

I wonder why she is doing this.

Well, either way I do not feel confident adopting her to ANYONE until this is resolved!

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is it possible that she is just extremely stressed by the recent moves and her "new" kittens? Maybe if you either shut her in a room alone with the kittens, or take her to be spayed, she will calm down.

Believe me, those hormones are not something to be messed with. I have heard of cats who are simply monstrously aggressive who calm right down after being spayed.

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've been working with her and her aggression/fear is completely gone. I can scream around her all I want with no effect, lol. The other day hubby tried to tickle me again and I yelled for Pepper and it was to no avail, she just ignored me, lol.

She's, hopefully, going to get spayed on October 13th.

Right now she really just sleeps almost all day. She loves to be in your lap, but she never plays or anything, just sleeps, drinks, eats, poos, and pees, lol. I ever tried to tempt her with a laser, she glanced at it non-chalantly and then ignored it. :p

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad that Pepper is doing well
My female cats, Cindy and Andrea, will both attack my husband if he yells at me too loudly or angrily - guess it's their mothering instinct
Pepper is sure a beauty