I Need Good vibes please!!!!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad your baby will be fine

I don't know your dog or the situation, but unless your dog is wild, I doubt that he meant any harm to the kitty. It might have been the result of rough house-type playing.

Go by your own gut instincts. Provide close supervised visits between the 2 with the dog on a leash and if you see that he is really trying to eat/kill the little guy instead of just playing, put a stop to it. Also put a stop to it if the playing gets rough because your dog sounds big and your baby kitty very little.

However, if you decide to do supervised visits, let your baby kitty heal up first. It was a traumatic experience for the little one.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kirst

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi all

Sammi is doing so well the swelling is got right done and she is eating probably again, thank goodness. She is back to being a little terror,which reminders i must upload some more pics. She is growing so quickly and tuesday she will have been part of my life and my man life for a whole month. Sammi is brought so much life into our lives, its wonderful having a little kitty to take care of again.

Thank agin to all the support i received. We think the dog was just playing with her and just didn't realise her size.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I'm glad your baby will be fine

I don't know your dog or the situation, but unless your dog is wild, I doubt that he meant any harm to the kitty. It might have been the result of rough house-type playing.

Go by your own gut instincts. Provide close supervised visits between the 2 with the dog on a leash and if you see that he is really trying to eat/kill the little guy instead of just playing, put a stop to it. Also put a stop to it if the playing gets rough because your dog sounds big and your baby kitty very little.

However, if you decide to do supervised visits, let your baby kitty heal up first. It was a traumatic experience for the little one.
I am so glad she is okay.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a relief! I'm so glad your little one is all right. I think Natalie gave you some great advice above, and it would be nice if the two of them could get comfortable with each other... but of course, if the dog isn't allowed in the house, then you shouldn't have any trouble as long as everyone is careful about the doors.

I love your sig! Sammi is a beauty...

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad to hear your Sammi is ok! Sometimes dogs can get rough, especially if he didn't realize Sammi was part of the family. It probably would be a good idea to introduce the two in a controlled setting and get them used to each other. That way, if Sammi ever got out (and he will try!) your dog will at least recognize her. What is your dog's name and what kind is he?