I need friends right now

Stormy accepts you

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey guys! My mom is in the hospital with a UTI. This isn’t the first time. I’m trying to pretend everything is okay, but it’s not. I’m scared and worried and depressed. She’ll be home tomorrow, I hope, but how long until it happens again? Please help.. maybe send pictures of your pets, some kind words, puns? I’m sorry,I don’t mean to bother or burden anyone.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've probably posted this picture before, but here is Bob not long after we brought him home. He was very frightened back then, because he didn't know what to expect of us. That is Bree next to him. He adopted her as his mom, and she was not sure about the situation. He knows we are nice people. He is the most loving little fellow. If you say, "Give me a kiss-kiss," he will put his snout up and enthusiastically touch noses with you. Sometimes, he'll even rub his nose all over your face. He looks a lot like me, because we both have flat faces. :lol:
20231113_233838.jpg

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hope your mom gets better soon. I don't know how old she is, but a UTI can cause temporary personality changes in some older adults. To the extent that if we notice behavior changes where I work for no reason, the first thing we check for is a UTI.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Wishing your Mom a very fast recovery, and no reoccurrence of infection (or symptoms of)!
I hope she can come home early today. Maybe they have an idea as to why this keeps happening and can help prevent them in the future. 🙏
If it helps cheer you up, here's a picture of my tortie with a dandelion on her head :lol:
1704631953751.png

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wishing your mum all the best. My mum's 91 and had a UTI several years ago that was very scary, it was like instant dementia (and she has vascular dementia, which was nothing like this). But a dose of antibiotics cleared it very quickly, and she's not had more than a mild touch a couple of times since.

Here's Daisy and Phoebe to say hello (bonus blep from Daisy).

Edit - just saw your update, very glad to hear it!

8E848BD0-CA3B-4760-813F-21FF260C20A4.jpeg

3469EE11-7440-4731-A0A2-01D9A17CB53A.jpeg