I need comb/brush recommendations (human allergy help)

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anyone have any recommendations on combs/brushes etc that remove cat dander and loose hair? And that it won't rip the hair and skin that will work with all hair types?

If its on chewy that's a plus

I'm having a hard time finding one to remove dander and loose hair that don't look like it's gonna rip the hair out and or hurt the skin

I have 2 short with under coat cats, 1 short to medium hair with under coat cat, 1 short to medium hair no under coat cat (Siamese mix) ,and one medium to long haired not sure if she has an under coat she is a kitten,

I need to reduce the dander and hair in the home due to all of us especially my mom and brother are starting to react (not confirmed allergy)

and the Allerpet cat dander (says it removes Fel D1 protein) does it really work?

Any other tips to reduce the Fel D1 protein?
Thank you

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Try a rubber Kong Zoom Groom

The brush works well for short and medium haired cats. The rubber nubs feel like a little massage. I have not tried it on a long haired cat. The rubber nubs might not get through long fur very easily.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try a rubber Kong Zoom Groom

The brush works well for short and medium haired cats. The rubber nubs feel like a little massage. I have not tried it on a long haired cat. The rubber nubs might not get through long fur very easily.
The long haired cat I have is like a medium to long hair do you think that'll still work?

I'm not sure how long her adult hair would be due she is a kitten atill

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It should still work. Wouldn't hurt to give it a try. If it doesn't work well, at least your cat gets a nice massage out of it :purr:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It should still work. Wouldn't hurt to give it a try. If it doesn't work well, at least your cat gets a nice massage out of it :purr:
I just Checked chewy and it says unavailable 😭

So I'm going to check my local tractor supply when I go on the 1st

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just Checked chewy and it says unavailable 😭

So I'm going to check my local tractor supply when I go on the 1st
Chewy isn't the only place to buy the Zoom Groom :)

https://www.amazon.com/KONG-ZoomGroom-Cat-Grooming-Brush/dp/B0002AR18M

Pet stores may have the Zoom Groom in stock.

The dog Zoom Groom is similar, just larger. Chewy has it in stock if you prefer to buy from there: KONG Dog ZoomGroom Multi-Use Brush, Boysenberry - Chewy.com

I'm sure there are other similar rubber brushes available.

noani

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I second the zoom groom. Besides being the only thing my feisty boy tolerates, it is great as the hair clings to it and it is so easy to clean. I usually keep it in the bathroom - he always jumps up on the sink after I get out the shower when I go to brush my teeth. Post shower is like his favourite cuddle time. So I always get a good brushing in every morning. Then just rinse the brush under water and the hair that is clinging to the brush will just go into the sieve in the sink ready to be chucked. So easy and durable.

My aunt has Maine coons and she uses her dogs zoom groom for them too!