I need caring advice from someone holistic-minded

Status
Not open for further replies.

loveysmummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To be honest, I am rooting for the idea that Friskysmom is simply a troll and poor little Frisky with his absolutely mismanaged condition doesn't even exist.

This would help me sleep better at night.

That and the fact that I don't have to continually read the unanswered posts of my fellow wonderful TCS'ers so graciously offering help and sound advice...
This is the piece that absolutely makes me mad

Friskysmom: Think of this cat. Not yourself. Take the help you have been given and get this poor creature some immediate HELP.

june

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm wondering why Friskysmom didn't consider herself a failure to say , hey I need help, hey, I'm overwhelmed, hey, I don't know what to do , yet she seems to somehow consider it a failure if she can't heal her cat herself. It's not failure to say, hey, I need help here- it's the better part of wisdom. Friskysmom, you said that you would do whatever it took, give whatever remedy you had to , go to the health food store and buy whatever was needed , so why the reluctance when you've been offered so much help? I hope this isn't a case of, " no one is helping me , they're all concerned about my cat but not me so I'm just going to do nothing about my cat..so there." You've had several, very kind offers, of support from fellow members, now your cat would like to have some help too. Enough said.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by June

It's not failure to say, hey, I need help here- it's the better part of wisdom.
Exactly, I couldn't agree more.

purity

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Loveysmummy

To be honest, I am rooting for the idea that Friskysmom is simply a troll and poor little Frisky with his absolutely mismanaged condition doesn't even exist.

This would help me sleep better at night.
I have to say, that's what I'm beginnng to think too. Especially after a post in the lounge telling us we're all killing our cats due to wearing purfume. Talk about irony.

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You know, I really hope you guys are right as well. She has logged in since we have all replied to this thread and has said nothing. I truly hope there is not a cat locked in her bathroom.
If there is a Frisky all we can do is pray that he doesn't spend the rest of his sweet little life suffering. I hope that someone is able to come through for him, and would like to think that his mom would be the one who does that. He has no choice but to trust that she will give him the care and the love that he requires. If she is not going to do that, then maybe she should consider giving him to someone who would.

We have done everything that we can do here and I don't think that anything else we say is going to change the situation. I honestly don't know why people come here looking for help but then refuse everything that we have to offer. I don't understand why people own pets if they aren't going to take responsibility for them. Pets are not a piece of property. They require love, attention, care, and just as important the knowledge of what they need to keep them healthy and safe for as long as they are with us. You may not have all of the knowledge needed from the beginning, but you definately learn along the way.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If it is bogus, do you suppose she/he is sitting there reading all our responses and having a chuckle?

If it is not bogus, it seems nothing is being done and she hasn't responded so perhaps we should all just say nothing more and see what happens.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Everything that needed to be said has been said. This thread is now closed. If the original poster wants it opened again to respond, she simply needs to contact a moderator who will do so.

Thanks for those of you who cared enough to respond to this situation and make it a valuable teaching tool for others-

Status
Not open for further replies.