I need another bathroom!

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Today, when I got home from work, I had to go - BIG TIME (traffic was heavy - it took me longer). As I rushed through the house, shedding shoes, skirt, slip and reaching for the waistband of my pantyhose, I was brought up short. The toilet was in use. No, Bill had not beaten me home - OPIE was comfortably ensconced, piddling away. He's been using the toilet, for some time but, this is the first time that I've had to wait for him to finish.

As I stood, dancing from foot to foot, Opie calmly finished his business, gave me a "NOW you can use it" look and sauntered away. I suppose that I should be grateful for ONE thing: Opie leaves the seat down

If this keeps up, we're going to have to install another bathroom, though.

pjk5900

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had 1 bathroom a lot of the time when I was growing up.
My Dad would stay in the bathroom for a min. of 2 hours in the morning getting ready for work.
My sisters and I have often wondered what on earth he could be doing for so long.
Then decided we really didn't want to know.
He has very little hair left and still he takes the same amount of time.
And if you needed to get in, too bad, that's tough!
He was a real jerk about the bathroom stuff.
Makes me have to pee thinking about it....

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cindy, how in the HECK did you ever train Opie to use the toilet?????

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Deb25

Cindy, how in the HECK did you ever train Opie to use the toilet?????
I didn't. He just started on his own. He only uses it to pee - I still have to scoop his poop. Opie perches on the seat, hangs his hind end over the bowl and fires away. I must give him credit for his aim - he NEVER misses. He must prefer my padded toilet seat, to gritty litter. Can't say that I blame him.

I've seen those potty- training aids, in magazine ads but never considered them.

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katl8e

He must prefer my padded toilet seat, to gritty litter. Can't say that I blame him.
I can't blame him either, but it does give me an idea for next hurricane season if we have no power or water for several days.....

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's awesome that Opie uses your bathroom... though maybe you should have him be more considerate of your need to use it too!

l.trant

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have 2 bathrooms here and no matter what always seem to either wait or there knocking on the door, heaven forbid they use the bathroom upstairs.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Whenever I have to forcibly remove a cat from the toilet, I tell them, "I don't sit in your litter box, when YOU have to go."

Of course, THEY wait until I'm in the bathroom, to make a huge, reeking deposit and not cover it.