I need a good "all life stages" dry food.

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

if you do not mind .. please tell us the price? Many Walmart do not carry it
Almost $10 for 3lbs. I saw it at a Kroger in the Health food section the other week and it was 4.75 lbs for $16.

jordan s.

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by marinewife05

My kitten keeps eating the adult food and the older one keeps eating the kitten food. I feed them separate, but somehow Kiki always manages to eat Whisper's food even if I put his bowl in the middle of his kennel. They are just like kids the one always wants what the other one has.

I have decided I will just switch to a food that they both can have.....any suggestions?
We like TOTW and Evo.

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use a mix of 2/3 Wellness Core and 1/3 Iams Healthy Naturals. Recently a specialty pet food store opened near my home and they were giving free samples of some of the more popular foods fed by owners here, so I grabbed a couple of the better ones. I really hoped Nora would like the TOTW, but she wouldn't even touch it. I can't remember the other brand I picked up. I prefer to feed a grain free, and the mix I feed is just recent due to cost. Wellness Core is the only available/easily accessible grain free food with decent ingredients to me. The bonus is that she LOVES it!

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WELDRWOMN

I highly recommend Newman's Own. It is quality and relatively inexpensive and since Walmart carries it, it is easy to get.
How does Newman's Own compare to Iams Healthy Naturals? Last night I had both in my cart at Walmart and ended up going with the Iams which is what we have been using. It was tempting to get the Newman's Own b/c there was less than a $2 difference, but I wasn't sure if there was that much of a difference. Remember it would only be 1/3 of the mixture with CORE, so I don't know if that helps. I'm not sure how the ingredients compare. I use Iams as a cost cutter and also to get a bit of grain in her diet according to advice given here.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kara_leigh

How does Newman's Own compare to Iams Healthy Naturals? Last night I had both in my cart at Walmart and ended up going with the Iams which is what we have been using. It was tempting to get the Newman's Own b/c there was less than a $2 difference, but I wasn't sure if there was that much of a difference. Remember it would only be 1/3 of the mixture with CORE, so I don't know if that helps. I'm not sure how the ingredients compare. I use Iams as a cost cutter and also to get a bit of grain in her diet according to advice given here.
Newmans own IMHO is better only because it is Organic... and free of corn and by products of animals... It is Very grain heavy as most organics are ... If you want a decent cost cutter at walmart look at purina naturals ... has corn , wheat and soy but the Main ingredients is chicken meal and no animal by products . Purina naturals Is IMHO way better than Iams naturals

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Newmans own IMHO is better only because it is Organic... and free of corn and by products of animals... It is Very grain heavy as most organics are ... If you want a decent cost cutter at walmart look at purina naturals ... has corn , wheat and soy but the Main ingredients is chicken meal and no animal by products . Purina naturals Is IMHO way better than Iams naturals
Wow, thanks!! I appreciate the tip!