I must have sucker written across my forehead...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by George's Mom

Are there any no-kill shelters in your area that you could take her? That's where I found my Ellie - she had been there for 6 months and she is now obviously so happy to have a forever-home. She is actually sitting on the chair behind me, snoring up a storm!

I can't blame you for not wanting to add another cat to the family - but it would be so hard for me to know that a sweetie was outside in the yard.
There are only kill shelters in this fairly rural area, where almost no one spays or neuters. Sissycat is right now underneath my picnic table, on an outdoor rug, both of which are under a 10 x 10 canopy. She's got a covered kennel, food and water, and apparently prefers to sleep on top of the picnic table.

She seems to be quite content, and loves getting scritches and attention when we go outside, so I think she'll be ok - she won't venture around to the front of the house where the street is unless she's hungry, and she hasn't left my yard since we brought her home from the vet's office.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by George's Mom

She seems to be pretty happy with her new home. I just want to bring everyone "in"!
Oh, believe me, I would LOVE to bring her inside. It's hard for me to "have" a cat that isn't indoor only, and perhaps one day she'll join the clowder, but for now I have to do what is best for the majority.

She's really such a love, it's very tough to leave her out there. But for now, it's what is best.