I miss the games :(

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know the games are gone and not coming back, but I sure miss them :(

I've found a couple of the ones I used to play here, online at other places, like "Marjong Connect" and "Bookworm", but while they have the same name, they are played very differently than the ones that were here.

I know it is said that the games caused server instability, but I'm wondering if it was the large number of games being offered that did that. Maybe only a few select games that were the most peopular wouldn't have that same effect?

Just a suggestion from someone who played the arcade on a regular daily basis for an hour or 2 each night.

bellaandme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ditto Linda. The one thing I really miss was trying to beat your butt in Majjhong. See, I can't even spell it let alone play it!!

sk_pacer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lots of good games at shockwave.com. Costs nothing to sign up and you can get useless points too.  I DARE you guys to come beat me at This Day in Rock History!!! They also have Bookworm Deluxem and several other interesting match 3 games and lots of other game genres from cards to physics problems...my favourite of the latter is Spite Cannon, annoying music and all.

I am karaleesue over there.

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another good one is pogo.com youe earn points on games which you can spend on gifts for other players and to dress up your avatar.x

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Lots of good games at shockwave.com. Costs nothing to sign up and you can get useless points too.  I DARE you guys to come beat me at This Day in Rock History!!! They also have Bookworm Deluxem and several other interesting match 3 games and lots of other game genres from cards to physics problems...my favourite of the latter is Spite Cannon, annoying music and all.

But do they have Mahjong Connect??????  That's the one that most of us seem to like to play

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise

But do they have Mahjong Connect??????  That's the one that most of us seem to like to play
Try freeonlinemahjonggames(dot)net. It has Mahjong Connect.

vermontcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I really miss the games too!

It would be nice if maybe you could bring back the top 10 games for us to play.

Mahjong Connect was the most popular game in the arcade and a lot of us loved playing it.

I have tried playing it at that other site but it doesn't play at the same difficulty level and you can't save high scores.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I have tried playing it at that other site but it doesn't play at the same difficulty level and you can't save high scores.
yeah, my high score on the "new" site is so high I'd be in the top spot here

sk_pacer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I suck at any version of Mah Jong connect or Mah Jong anythingelse so never checked. I think Pogp has something similar though........but don't make me promise, can't remember

ETA - maybe I saw it at freeonlinegames.com??? I belong to too many gaming sites to keep track :) 

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Marjong Toy Chest? Yeah! I have no idea how I got such a high score. I just randomly clicked on matched pairs.  I typically would get over 10,000 points for most games. But when it came to tournaments I always sucked because I never got the game set up that I always played outside of the tournament, which was the world wide one. The tiles were more spread out and easier for me to see, so I refreshed until that set up showed.  But you had to play what came up for the tournaments.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really miss the games, too.
I didn't play them a lot, but when I was really stressed I found that it was relaxing just to sit back and have a little fun with them. I especially like the BookWorm game, and also Broken Words and another one I can't recall the name of. There were also a few others I liked.

I really miss the gifts, too.
I really liked being able to give something a little extra "special" to someone if they were feeling down or having a bad day, or just for the fun of it. I've always enjoyed giving gifts: not just here at TCS, but also for birthdays, Christmas, etc....

I miss being able to use the different fonts, too.

But I'm trying not to complain too much! I'm just glad that we still even have TCS, and I'm grateful to Anne for keeping it up and running.