I miss Sassea.

sassea

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sassea was only 4.5 yrs old when she died.
Instead of getting easier this year it hit me very hard. Abby & Ruby that we adopted turned 5 yrs old. They were born about the time she died and are now older than Sassea was. I still can't make her dying right in my head. I had always told her she had to live longer than me.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sassea was your soulmate, that is why it is so hard for you to let your heart heal. Plus she was taken much too soon, it's much harder to accept someone dying at a young age, though any age is sometimes hard. The only way I finally came to terms with my Chrissy dying was to know that she loved life so much she would hate for me to waste a minute of my life in tears and mourning. I had to think how I would want for her to go forward if I was the first to go.
Your sweet Sassea is at peace because she has your love. That bond she had with your soul will always be a part of you, love is spiritual, so eternal. She will be forever as close as your thoughts and prayers. Each love you take in will add on to her love, will help it grow, and allow her to live on through you now. It will always bring a pang of sorrow when you think of her, but as the years go by it will be interlaced with memories that bring you comfort too, when you don't allow her death to be more important than her life. That can never be.....her life was infinitely important to you, the happiness, the love she brought you. We cannot change the past, but we will carry it with us forever and it can help us form our future. Right now, live in the present, do not let the past haunt you, do not try to see into the future. Concentrate on letting those other little ones into your heart and helping you with your sorrow, they love you very much. Do things that help you feel better about yourself, a small donation to your local shelter of cat goods or money, or a gift to a vet that is good to you. I left money that would spay a cat for someone who couldn't pay for it. And do it in your Sassea's name. You have to take that first step back to truly living, it's hard, it seems impossible at times, but time will bring a softening, a different view of your pain. It's a wonderful tribute to a loved one to miss and love them after they pass, but don't let your future happiness die too, I know your sweet girl would never want that. Sometimes it takes just living through the next day, but healing begins with us, one day at a time.....

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the stress of Covid is really magnifying bad things this season, they are bad enough and hurt enough on their own but the stress of this year and the plague is making things 200 times worse. But that doesn't make it any easier on you, and to lose one at a young age is tough; we lost our first cat Smoke at about 5 and it was very tough to deal with, sometimes it just happens for whatever reason. I am sorry for your loss but she is fine now, just fine, as is Smoke and all of the others that we all have lost.

"It is better to have had a good, short life than a long, bad one" :rbheart:

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I am sorry for your loss, it is never easy. Love and take care of your other cats, they need you too. I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless......:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sassea was only 4.5 yrs old when she died.
Instead of getting easier this year it hit me very hard. Abby & Ruby that we adopted turned 5 yrs old. They were born about the time she died and are now older than Sassea was. I still can't make her dying right in my head. I had always told her she had to live longer than me.
Each cat that leaves us, leaves a deep hole in our heart, the loss is often unbearable and we tend to stick to some of the moments in the life with them, be those moments good or bad.
When a cat goes to the Bridge so young, the pain for their loss adds to the dismay for losing them at an age when nobody can think of the death.
Sassea was way to young to leave this earth and you, but she has never left your heart, where she will rest for the eternity, and this post of yours is the proof that her memory is so lively.
Sassea is a lucky girl, she will live forever.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry. Just take it one day at a time. I always believe we really never actually recover from the loss and grief due to our beloved pet's passing. It just gets better in time. Hang in there. We are here for you.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
OH, Darlin, it is so hard when they leave us so soon, but...where there is love, an eternity is not long enough. I still have days when I weep for my "doggy sister" who was with me for 14 years...she has been gone for 47 years now. We don't "get over," we "get through." I still hear her claws clicking on my floors sometimes, and accept it for what it is...her love for me never left, and Sassea's love for you, translated and purified into Love, has never left you.

Rest you gentle, Sassea, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I often feel that if Elsie would Cross before me, it would too traumatic to tolerate. I often want the same thing you do. And then I think, who would take care of my baby the way that I do? No one. Even the most cat loving person in the world wouldn't be right for her. Think of it as the same way for Sassea. From her point of view, if it had happened that way. She would never have the same bond with anyone that she had with you.

I know your heart is broken. But she would have been lost without you. You were and are still her special person. The only one. She wouldn't have been happy without you. I am so sorry. I wish you peace and comfort. :hugs: