I miss my flowers! HURRY SUMMER!

twofatcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh, I can almost smell those roses! Gorgeous, too. I wouldn't dare plant roses here, though, with deer in the yard almost every day. I think roses seem to be one of their favorites.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hey, Susie, your flowers are lovely!! I especially like the black and white one -- quite unusual!
Lovely roses!

Wanna come sit in my yard? No roses yet, but I can offer you some California Poppy...

or on the other side, a peony or two...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

Hey, Susie, your flowers are lovely!! I especially like the black and white one -- quite unusual!
Lovely roses!

Wanna come sit in my yard? No roses yet, but I can offer you some California Poppy...

or on the other side, a peony or two...
Wow Frannie, your peonies are gorgeous!!!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Wow Frannie, your peonies are gorgeous!!!
Thanks, Sooz. I love them, too. When I was growing up an aunt of mine had many peonies of all colours, and I thought they were pretty special.

The peonies were here when we moved in. This one was a struggling little slip of a thing hidden under the forsythia (the garden had been somewhat neglected). We moved it out to a sunny spot, and you could practically see it say "thank you".
It didn't bloom that year or the next, but just got fat and sassy, and next thing we knew it did bloom, and then it was giving us more and more blossoms every year. So it's kind of special watching this valiant little underdog doing its thing now.