I miss my cat

mariamalroha

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, so I owned a cat since he was 1 month old. He was a feral cat. I love him so much and I couldn't get enough of kissing and cudlling him. I mean he was the most one that I spend time with and the only one who makes me smile. I had to move to another country because of my dad's job. And we had to give away our cat. I moved 2 days ago and its already killing me and I just keep on crying because I miss him already . will he bad sad because I left him? Is he going to miss me or hate me? Is it going to affect his behavior and make him depressed or cause him anxiety? I just wanna go back home and hug him but its too late :(

evamilly

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ahh I'm sorry to hear that you must be very upset, I'm sure he will miss you at first but he will adjust to his new situation! Was he an indoor cat? Did you give him to someone you know?

polsmum

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So sorry you miss your cat. I would too! Who did you leave him with? He will not forget you, but cats are adaptable and will hopefully adjust to his new home. Bless you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mariamalroha

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ahh I'm sorry to hear that you must be very upset, I'm sure he will miss you at first but he will adjust to his new situation! Was he an indoor cat? Did you give him to someone you know?
I found him near an abandoned house, and he was a feral and he was only 1 month old. For some reason, I felt bad for him because he was young and alone. So I took care of him. But he was an indoor cat . And he's a shy cat, when he meet new people, he just sit a little bit away from them but he doesn't freak out, and sometimes he just act normal and wouldn't be afraid.

mariamalroha

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
And I gave him to our relatives, but he never saw them or met them though, and I'm quiet worried he will run away from them

evamilly

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
At least you know where he is, if they feed him he will stay, and I'm sure they will love him just as you did! Have you phoned/emailed your relatives for an update/photos?

mariamalroha

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
At least you know where he is, if they feed him he will stay, and I'm sure they will love him just as you did! Have you phoned/emailed your relatives for an update/photos?
Yes, they told me that he keeps hiding away under the sofa or under tables, and he tends to be very quiet.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you skype with them and possible see the kitty?  Hearing your voice may help him feel more comfortable.

evamilly

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It does take a while for cats to get used to a new situation, but he will! Try not to worry he will be fine. It will probably take you longer to adjust than it will for him! Perhaps you could think about volunteering at a cat shelter where you are living now. You gave your little feral such a good start to his life, I'm sure they would appreciate your help!