I Miss My CAT

beckyb54

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I went on vacation in July and was gone for 3 weeks I usually go every year for a week or two, but this year I went for three during that time I'd call home once in a while to see how things were going, when my kids said my cat Frisky, didn't come when they called him in I've had this cat for 8 years since he was 8 weeks old. He was like part of the family, well, 3 months gone bye and still no Frisky.....till the last couple of nights my daughter and her husband and now me tonight seen a cat that looks alot like Frisky but it's dark and my eyes are not that great but I kept calling him and he just stood there and that's not like him at all he'd usually come running to me like a little puppy when I called him, so I was going to try to get closer but he started walking away. He has been neutured since he was young so I can't say he's been out catting. I guesse the question I have is if it is Frisky, has he forgotting me, how long does a cat remember??
I miss him sooo much it's been 3 months now he is/was a very sweet cat.

a_loveless_gem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I don't know too much about cat memories. There may be someone else who does. I've had to leave Russell a lot in the beginning and I was afraid he'd forget me but he always remembered me, even after a 3 month absence.

The cat you saw may not have been Frisky but if it was then he's in the area. Perhaps leaving some food outside may entice him closer to home. Good luck.

nicki

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When I was younger my cat took off and he was gone for about three months. I had lost hope until I was told that there was a cat about 1/2 a mile down the road that looked like my cat. I went there and walked along the road and called for him. He started meowing and he ran right up to me and I picked him up and took him home. He knew who I was. I thought that he would be afraid of me sense he was in the wild for that long but he remembered me.

I think that they never forget.

I am going through the same thing right now. My cat which is a differnt one than the one above, at my parents house has been missing for over a week. I spent my time today while visiting my parents calling for him and walking the farm in hopes of finding him.

I hope that it is Frisky. I will keep you and him in my thoughts.

peppurr

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cat Tigger has been gone for 3 months. He isn't neutered so he went out in search for a female. Tiggy was always an outdoor cat. Ever since he was 4months old he would get out of the house and come back the next day. I think Tiggey may have just joined a feral colony, since he hung out with alot of beat-up looking cats. I still have hope, and always will!

A prayer for the safe return of Tigger and Frisky

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wouldn't think that he would forget you. It may be that he is just enjoying a little bit of freedom right now and isn't ready to come home yet. I hope he will come home very soon, though...I am sure you are very worried about him.