I Miss Him Already

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mark Lehrkind

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone. A tip to all. Make sure to move the food dish ahead of time. Finding it a couple days later is not good. I miss him all the more.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Mark, I'm deeply sorry for your loss. I recently lost my much beloved cat after nearly 17 years all spent with me.
I can understand your pain, it's so fresh that it seems it's unbearable. It's harsh, it takes your breath away. Then it will get smoother but it will never go away.
Your Midnights Baby was a beauty, he had a wonderful life, he will look over you from the Rainbow Bridge and he is thanking you for all you did for him.
RIP Midnights Baby :(

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Meelasmom- he did post of photo of him, he's the cat lying on the pants that are still on the hangars.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Mark,

I am so very sorry for your loss. Everyone tells us they are in a better place and they
are but we still want them with us!

Hang in. We are all here anytime when you need to write about Midnights Baby.

Hugs,

Mia

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mark, post over in the Cat Health section and maybe we can help you

Mark Lehrkind

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Gonna see the vet before I panic. But the poor boy keeps going to his box, that is the fourth trip this morning.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Seventeen years is a good portion of one's life to own a cat. I am sure you have a big hole in your heart. When I lost my soul mate cat, I wrote his life story. He was so special. The writing was a part of my healing process. Now I am glad I did it because when I read it, I read things that I would have forgotten over the years. He has been gone since 2005.
I urge you to do the same. It will help you heal and it will give you a memory so precious. Include some pictures of him, maybe even the Rainbow Bridge poem. Print it out and put it in a special folder. You will be glad you did.
I have no words, only sending you hugs. In time, your memories will be so sweet.

Jason607

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Seventeen years is a good portion of one's life to own a cat. I am sure you have a big hole in your heart. When I lost my soul mate cat, I wrote his life story. He was so special. The writing was a part of my healing process. Now I am glad I did it because when I read it, I read things that I would have forgotten over the years. He has been gone since 2005.
I urge you to do the same. It will help you heal and it will give you a memory so precious. Include some pictures of him, maybe even the Rainbow Bridge poem. Print it out and put it in a special folder. You will be glad you did.
I have no words, only sending you hugs. In time, your memories will be so sweet.
I guess great minds think alike! I thought of this a few days before she passed and like you stated, its an excellent thing to do for anyone who loses a pet. I started writing my Mew Mew's story yesterday for the same reasons you mentioned. I already have a bad memory so add years on top of that and I would risk permanently forgetting all the little things that made my cat who she was. I'm writing everything down including her life stages, experiences, little habits over the years and her personality. This way when I want to remember her 20-30 years from now I will still remember my beautiful daughter just the way she was.

Mark Lehrkind

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Stewart is better. We have a visitor from Texas and she brought her kitty-Pusspuss. Pusspuss is on the other side of the kiddy screen so Stewart is curious and pissed that someone else is here. But having a guest made me realize I still put the toilet lid down for Cali (she liked to play in the water) and she has been gone since 2005, such a long time, and I still miss her. We had chair lifts put in on the stairs and the shadow looks like my Baby sitting on the stairs waiting for me. Makes it hard to go down the hall.

razzle1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So sorry for your lose. I know how you feel. It's hard to fathom who he climbed into those hangers. I lost George in March and i miss him so much. I did a Razzle memorial (17 1/2 years) and Geet's Memorial (19 1/2 years) but it's still hard to watch the videos and not cry. Every time i hear Smile and My Heart Will Go On that i used in the videos i cry.

Kathy

IvyPostma

All my meditation teachers purr, purr, purr!
Kitten
Purraise
There is no one on the pillow! I miss my boy.
Hello. I am terribly sorry for your loss. I know how you are feeling and I too know there are no words to help you feel better. But I would like to advise you not to look at his pillow and compare the present with the past, because memories can be very cruel, they can make us want to take our baby off our head and hold it tight and place it on that empty space it left there, the space that shouts at us "he's gone, he's gone" every time we look at it. And then we go mad because there is nothing we can do to bring him back, to turn the memory into reality and that's why we suffer so much for our loss. So, please, don't look at his pillow and think of the past. No. Try to sit on your bed and close your eyes and hear yourself breathe, feel your lungs and your belly pumping in and out oxygen. Focus on that and let your senses catch everything that we miss when we try to focus on everything at the same time. Perhaps, while you breathe deeply, you will hear his purring and feel his presence in the room and then you can understand that the heart has no eyes and the body turns to ashes, but the spirit remains wherever it choses to stay. A big hug!!!

Mark Lehrkind

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I thought I saw my boy out of the corner of my eye, but just made me cry. I do miss him. Stewart is better, as long as you give him what we call "head scrichees" he sticks his head in your hand if you are awake or not. I think he just missed Baby, I know I did, but I didn't pee all over. Stewart is trying to help with the wife's sewing right now. I don't think the help is appreciated.