I might be getting my next sphynx soon!!!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Depends more on what groups you are in (kitten, adult, alter, HHP). If you have cats in different rings, you won't get to watch them all and you will have to keep on top of who's calling for who (judging/finals).

If you have them in the same class (both alters) its a lot easier to do by yourself; otherwise you need a helper.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cleo will be in alter and the Bengal and the other sphynx will be in kittens if that is how TICA does it.
I am not sure.
In CFA I will Cleo in Premiership and the kitten in the kitten class.
Once the kitten is 8 months they will be both in alters.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With choosing a kitten, one mentor said to me you either trust your breeder or you don't - and if you don't why are you getting a kitten from them.

Photos can be deceiving, lighting, angles etc. all affect how the photo looks whereas the breeder is looking at the kitten in person they have a better idea of how it really is.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do not worry this breeder is well known and can be trusted.
She has been helping me with Cleo since Feb.
I met herin teh sphynx breeders group.

sohni

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
In my case, I trusted the breeder of my queen to help me choose what kitten out of my own litter to keep. All of my kittens came out within the Mau standard, and beyond that it is difficult to know what exactly judges look for unless you have years of experience. I studies pictures of grand champion cats, and also kitten pictures from my breeder's previous litters. I still don't think I am completely qualifies to choose which of my own kittens are the best, but I am definitely learning.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This breeder has other kittens but she said these 3 males fit the standards the best.
We do plan on meeting at her house one day.
She wants me to bring Cleo there.
This was planned before her kittens were born.
Her house is a 7 hour drive from here.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't say that you (alone) should be able to pick out show quality. You should know the standard well enough to offer your opinion and if its not quite right, then learn what other breeders say about why the one you picked was not a good choice.

We all never stop learning.

Mews - why bring Cleo to the breeder's house? That's not standard practice and its unwise if you are gonna "test" Cleo to see how she gets along with the kitten. It takes weeks or months to accept. You bring in Cleo and all she will do is hiss or growl at the kitten.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not bringing Cleo to her house to meet the kitten.
We have been planning on taking Cleo to the breeders house to talk about TICA standards.
I was suppose to go before summer but it did not work out.
She was going to show me how to bathe her real well.
This was before I showed Cleo in May.
It has nothing to do with getting a kitten.