I may lose all my cats. =(

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OH Otto - that is brilliant!! I never thought of putting something on the kitties nose to "distract" them from what is coming!! AND that would work for ear drops or eye drops too :clap::clap::clap::clap: Thanks so much for sharing and I am certain your technique will help others too! :D :clap:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

plucky's dad

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well the vet's assistant finally called back after a few days; she said they had spoken to one of the vets onsite and decided that, since Stinker had gotten 4 days worth of antibiotics at the clinic and another 4 days or so with me at home- and since I was able to confirm that he was eating like a fiend, drinking like a horse, and litter-boxing like a poo-and-pee machine -they were cautiously optimistic that I could stop giving him the antibiotics, and that giving him an injection of convenia wasn't necessary.

I do SO appreciate everyone's suggestions. I have never run into a cat like Stinker when it comes to pilling. Not only are his jaws completely "un-pryable", but his entire body stiffens into a concrete block when he is restrained in any way. Most of my cats give me the "I'm doing this under protest, but go ahead" treatment; he gives me the "Only one of us is going to lose here...loser!" treatment heh.

furryfriends

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That's great news about Stinker, sounds like he might have had a bacterial infection?  One of our guys had that a few weeks ago, high temp, lethargic, not his usual ravenous self.  He had a anti-inflammatory shot to help bring down temp. and antibiotic shot at vet, and 3-4 days antibiotics pills at home (was a 10 day course, but he had colour therapy treatment which showed he cleared on that).  He slept quite a bit for 2-3 days, but 2-3 days after that was back to his usual self running around, eating with gusto, big friendly guy.

The vet said he might have gotten a bacterial infection from a play bite which are hard to notice under all that fur especially when they don't abscess.  And he does have a couple of littermates that they all like to tumble around playing.  Or he could have snacked on something dodgy.

Otto that sounds like a great technique for pilling, thank you for sharing it.  Fingers crossed we won't need to use it, but that is something I will try if the dreaded pills need to be dispensed.  Thanks!