I Made Some Siggies!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of course, they're not anywhere near as nice as the ones Icklemiss & the other siggy makers design, but it is a start.
The picture quality also isn't as good, b/c I had to print the original photos out & rearrange them the way I wanted, then scan & upload them (the digital camera pix are just way too big in size, and I haven't figured out how to resize them yet). I don't have a photoshop program so I had to work with what I had, but it's not too bad for an amature I reckon.

How does it look, y'all? Is the size okay??

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
prior to having mine made for me by more talented people w/better software [!] i used to make sigs using MSPaint. you can resize pix there, crop, paste - it's fairly easy to work with.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

prior to having mine made for me by more talented people w/better software [!] i used to make sigs using MSPaint. you can resize pix there, crop, paste - it's fairly easy to work with.
I tried working with Paint - I really loused it up!
I even managed to "chop up" all the kittens' heads off the photo I was using, and couldn't fix it.
Thankfully, I still had the photo on a disc!

I doubt that I'll be using my own siggies very much - if at all: at least not until I have a better program to use. Besides, I like Icklemiss's & the other siggy makers' siggies a lot better!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

The sizes are fine, and it is a great attempt for someone who doesn't have photoshop
Thanks, Icklemiss!
It's a work in progress. Maybe some day I'll get good enough to join the "experts".

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You did a good job!
Keep practicing. I found the video tutorials on Youtube are way easier to follow than any of the books

You can get Photoshop Elements pretty cheap on Amazon
I use Elements 6, they just brought out 7 but it does everything and more that you need.

Ok, I just looked Amazon UK has Elements 6 for £20, I know that was roughly $40 before but not sure now. Earlier copies are really cheap too

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jaffacake

You did a good job!
Keep practicing. I found the video tutorials on Youtube are way easier to follow than any of the books

You can get Photoshop Elements pretty cheap on Amazon
I use Elements 6, they just brought out 7 but it does everything and more that you need.

Ok, I just looked Amazon UK has Elements 6 for £20, I know that was roughly $40 before but not sure now. Earlier copies are really cheap too
Thanks, Jaffacake!
I reckon it's not too bad, considering what I had to work with.

Thanks for the siggy info, too. It may come in handy, if I ever decide to become "professional".

Here's another one I made. I think I like this one better.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you just want to play around, try http://fotoflexer.com/ it is all online, nothing to download and free

You can use the resize button to make it 134px high (the option on the right) and it will resize the length as long as you have keep proportions checked and then you can play with the options. You can even add glitter text so a great way to start making sigs

Click on layers to add new cats / pics!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

If you just want to play around, try http://fotoflexer.com/ it is all online, nothing to download and free

You can use the resize button to make it 134px high (the option on the right) and it will resize the length as long as you have keep proportions checked and then you can play with the options. You can even add glitter text so a great way to start making sigs

Click on layers to add new cats / pics!
Thanks for posting the link, Icklemiss. I check it out!