I made my first quilt!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ms. Freya

I was terrified of my first one too...especially when my mom told me I'd have to do it partly by hand. But now it's probably one of my favourie parts of the quilt. I drag the whole thing up to the couch and the cats and I bind it while watching TV. (they love binding quilts.
)

Those are really cool carriers. I really love the colours on the burgundy one. You'd never be able to tell that the double lines were done seperately unless you went over it with a magnifying glass...you really do gorgeous work!
I did the hand sewing on the sofa also.
I didn't mind it, but it made my back hurt really bad.

Can you believe that the person I made that burgundy carrier for didn't like it? At a forum I used to go to they had a thing called "The Carrier Fairy", kind of like a secret santa type of thing, but not held to one season. Each person involved was assigned a person to send a carrier to. I was assigned this girl, and I spent so much time making that carrier. Then when she got it she didn't like it, and ended up copying my design for her baby carrier business.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I have decided to give this quilt as a gift to the baby shower I have in April. I don't know the mother very well, and I was only invited b/c her father has worked for my father for about 30 years. I've only met the mother to be a handful of times, and never really talked to her. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think a smaller quilt will be fine. She is having a boy, so it works. I just need to put a tag on it saying that I made it and wrap it up.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kara_leigh

I think I have decided to give this quilt as a gift to the baby shower I have in April. I don't know the mother very well, and I was only invited b/c her father has worked for my father for about 30 years. I've only met the mother to be a handful of times, and never really talked to her. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think a smaller quilt will be fine. She is having a boy, so it works. I just need to put a tag on it saying that I made it and wrap it up.
I think that would be totally appropriate.
You did a wonderful job.