I made a lady cry and feel bad!!!

nora

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you, Kev, for being the kind of neighbor people used to be. I understand her wanting to pay you. I have a neighbor just like you. I have Rhumatoid Arthritis and my neighbor, Harlon, makes sure I never have to mow my yard or shovel my snow. He never lets me pay him, so I give him a huge certificate for a restaurant in town so he can take out his whole family. Since it is a gift, he can't refuse.

sylent rayne

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What you did, will touch that woman's heart for years to come. A golden heart you have, Kev. Never let it tarnish.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kev

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well - last saturday I recut the grass and titillated the garden again for my neighbour. Monday - yesterday , was the funeral and apparently it went well or as well for my neighbour as could be expected. I called over the road last night after work to see how she was, she was up and down and invited me in. We talked for a while and I helped square up a little.
Everyone had come back from the crematorium after to her house and instead of being sat in, everyone went outside on the grass and sat, had a drink and something to eat and enjoyed the sun, the company and - the garden. She was thrilled and enjoyed it - again as much as one can given the circumstances.
I have agreed now that when I cut my grass, I will cut hers for her and keep it looking good for her. I have refused point blank payment for this and offered to write her letters of thanks on my pc and mail them for her.
She has got the last laugh on me though, she found out that its our son's birthday on Friday - 4 years old - she has already got him something... she said she would get me back - and for my son, well I know when to bow and concede gracefully.
I would love to be out there and do all your gardens - it would never be a chore- would be a pleasure. may be next time huh? I can design them still and love doing it.
Heres to tomorrow.

Kev