I made a coat!!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DarkMavis

Very nice coat!

I wish i could sew. I try sometimes but things never come out good. Plus I don't know how to follow patterns so i just make up stuff...
I think it'd be cool to find someplace that does sewing classes to actually learn HOW to do real sewing like that. I always have ideas in my head but don't know how to actually 'put them on paper' so to speak.. frustrating. But you, you've got talent!!
Honestly, I couldn't remember how to thread a machine let alone do anything (I took lessons 5 years ago). I looked on kijiji and found a woman who did private lessons at her home. It was amazing! I picked a starter project (a summer dress) and we worked on it over 6 weeks. Also each week she gave me a lesson (hems, buttons, zipper, sleeve etc.) WITH notes, so even if my project didn't cover everything I had practise! It got me right back to where I used to be!

Originally Posted by strange_wings

The cut is very nice - but the fabric and colors aren't doing anything for me. To each their own though. As long as you love it that is all that matters.
(that and how you'll have to clean it later
)

I hope you find time to do more sewing... it's so easy to put off and it's one of the reasons I don't make more stuff.

I wish we could keep an art and craft thread going, some people may be more likely to share if they don't have to start a thread themselves.
:p I prewash the fabric before I use it! This stuff didn't bleed at all, it's kinda like a rainsuit material, so I can wash it with my whites if I choose!