I love William Shatner. I really do! But...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trillcat

Oh....come...on... now! *flailing arms*
Anyone a Boston Legal fan, he is great on that show! The interplay between him and the actor who's name I can never remember is great!
He sure is! And the actor is James Spader -- I never can remember, either, but he's great, and he and Shatner have fantastic chemistry, both in comic moments and dramatic ones.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh that's priceless!
Thanks for ratcheting up the pain another notch!

emy4cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
wow to both thats all I have to say! I was laughing so had my boy friend actually walked away from his video game to see what I was watching.

(and we all know that Picard is the better captian)

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haven't just seen the Emmy's? Tom Bergeron was hosting with Heidi Flum. They called up William Shatner. He said that Heidi was wearing too much because she was in a tuxedo. Bergeron and Shatner then proceeded to rip off the tuxedo so that she was wearing a sequenced hot pants outfit. Any other woman offended?

I think Shatner has been grounded for a number of years.

rone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

He sure is! And the actor is James Spader -- I never can remember, either, but he's great, and he and Shatner have fantastic chemistry, both in comic moments and dramatic ones.
Another Boston Legal fan here
. Season 4 release tomorrow, I cant wait!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I may be weird, but I think it was a very interesting perspective and style for the song. I didn't like that last part with his attempt at "dancing" - that should have been left out. But the rest was kinda good in a bizzare way.

Kinda "Captan Kirkish" to me.

bob'smom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

...But even people we love make terrible, terrible... terrible mistakes. So in the spirit of laughing with him and not at him -- and bearing in mind all the good work he's done -- I just have to share with you this YouTube clip from 1978:

Please, watch it all. It gets even more astounding around four minutes into it...
I've seen that one before and it never ceases to astound me. Shatner has done some intersting stuff besides Trek, Hooker, etc. Here's one of my favorites - a 1974 film called "Impulse". The Shatman plays a homicidal gigilo. I actually got a VHS copy off of eBay, I just had to see it. Here's a link to a review (check out the picture on the bottom of page 5):

http://agonybooth.com/recaps/Impulse_1974.aspx

And here's a short clip: