I love my cat

alysker

(Alice) Girl with a cat
Adult Cat
Purraise
So this is probably obvious since I have a cat and I'm on a cat forum. But I just can't stress enough how much I love my cat. She is laying on top of me right now and just the way she looks at me, the way she smells and how incredibly soft she is. Every day I wake up and see her and I just think about how much I love this precious creature.
I also often think about the fact that she was found in the forest with her kittens and she's been through so much. The idea of her being happy here just makes me tear up sometimes. I feel so privileged that I can give her a good life.
Just something I wanted to share with fellow cat lovers who understand the feeling
1000026420.jpg

KittyCat_chitchat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The capacity of animals to put the past behind them and learn to trust again never ceases to amaze me. I have a similar thing with one of my two rescues. This was a young mama cat who was found struggling to survive on the streets, having almost certainly been abandoned. Despite this she just wants to be everybody's friend. It's touching to think about that and look at this:
20240323_015142708_iOS.jpg

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Agree totally!
My two were also street rescues and are the most loving cats. Phoebe's always ready to make friends with any human who visits - same as she chose Mum and me when we went to the shelter. I've no idea what her backstory is. She was only a year old, more or less. Daisy was three. I wonder if she'd had kittens, since she wasn't spayed. She used to hide under the bed when we're have visitors, but now comes out to say hello. But their favourite thing is to be stretched out on me and purring their heads off. They're just darlings.

(Photo from a year ago. They look like best buddies here, but aren't really - they don't snuggle together or wash each other, for instance.)

IMG_0189.jpeg

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Just something I wanted to share with fellow cat lovers who understand the feeling
Yes, we definitely understand and that's just one of the many things that makes TCS such a wonderful place to share information and talk about our love of felines. :catlove:

I find the more difficult their life was before bringing them into our home makes me smitten with them that much more. They truly are able to rebound and trust us with unconditional love. :hearthrob: Carleton came from a very bad hoarding situation but here is a pic of him sharing our bed shortly after bringing him home.

Carleton asleep.jpg

Last edited: