I Lost My Cat

Angied123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello I am a bit younger but I created this account because I am very new to the whole cat stuff. Recently we had a stray calico cat show up on our doorstep and we decided to keep it we determined she must have been around 3-5 months of age. Well, it’s been a month or so and she loves it here and we love her a lot and we set up an appointment with our vet to get her shots and spade. Then, a couple days ago she went into heat. Today after I left for school I think my mom or brother may have let her out of the house. Is there any technique to help her come home even if she is in heat? I really need help!

FelisCatus

RIP </3
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi, yes, put the litter box she has been using outside somewhere in your backyard. They can smell it far away. If you already got rid of it, then try and catbeds, towels or clothing she used to lay on.

Keep in mind that she might have been taken in by someone else. So you should also put up signs/posters.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Angied123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks I will try this

FelisCatus

RIP </3
Super Cat
Purraise
Any luck with the litter box? Another suggestion I would have is to call your local shelters.

Angied123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have found her after one more day. Thanks goodness! Thanks for the help

Angied123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My dad came home from work and I went out to help him with groceries and we heard a faint meowing. We immediately started following the sound and found her in one of our fields.

FelisCatus

RIP </3
Super Cat
Purraise
My dad came home from work and I went out to help him with groceries and we heard a faint meowing. We immediately started following the sound and found her in one of our fields.
That's wonderful :). Will you be taking her to get spayed and her shots soon (microchipped?)? Since she was out and in heat she might have become pregnant. Depending on the vet visit they might recommend the kittens be aborted if there are any (this would happen with the spay).

Angied123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We have gotten her spayed and microchipped and bought her a collar yes. She is already recovering