I lost my cat to FIP yesterday...having a hard time

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am very sorry for your loss.  Beautiful Chai.  I am sorry for the wife of your husband's co-worker, as well.  Please let her know, if you can, that there are people out in the world who care.

Last edited:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so very sorry for the loss of your precious Chai, I know words can't help much but know they come from someone who knows what such a loss means to the soul. My heart breaks knowing someone else has to go through this pain, it can overwhelm all other emotions at times, and may seem never ending.Chai knew you loved her, she loved you in return for five years, now she will love you forever in your heart. She was a beautiful little soul, that 'heart' on her side in your pictures most likely tells of her loving personality.  Each time you let your anguish out to another who can understand, it lets a little of the pain out too.

Please accept my condolences and know I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Take care.......  RIP beautiful Chai!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chai love

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I see it!
 I like to think our cats have their own way of saying goodbye.

By the way, I'm partial to the name Minnie. I lost my cat Minnie of 16 years this past summer. It was incredibly heartbreaking but she was ready to go. 

smokem

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
yes everyone has heard of feline leukemia..feline herpes.But we also have

feline infectious peritonitis and  feline infectious anemia.

Cornell center for cat health is working on these for vaccines.But it is lovely that we humans

are caring for these,even though the lifespan is limited,etc.

It makes me proud to be human..especially now when people are so vacuous and empty.

ouiser

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss!!! I know how horrible this is, we had a real plague of FIP about 3 years ago and lost 12 cats - kittens and grown-ups... when the females started showing those swollen bellies - not all at once - i thought they were pregnant which of course couldn't be... our wonderful vet could do nothing but ease the symptoms for a while. Our beautiful Vincent went blind for a couple of days then regained sight but couldn't walk anymore... HEARTBREAKING!!!! Taking care of the remaining cats helped us to somehow manage through this hard time. Hope you're feeling a bit better now.

kittymama9

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just lost my little man to FIP. This disease is absolutely horrible, & I wish they would find treatment or a vaccine for it. I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Chai. She is truly gorgeous. Know she will walk by your side always, forever faithful and true, as they always are. Hugs

Last edited:

ouiser

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
can't be at the pc for long now but this is just to say how sorry i am for your  loss.

this is really a horrible disease and having been there myself i guess i know how

you feel..  our other cats helped us through this really bad time, Are there other cats

in your house?

breebree

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I want to send my condolences, your kitty was beautiful. I kno she felt your love..i lost my kitty yesterday to.i only had him five months he went in for nuertering and he passed right after..the night before i had a weird feeling it would b my last nivht w him..i wish the story wasnt true for me. I hope he came home but when the doctors called me i knew.the pain is great