I Lost My Beloved Melody

candie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am trying to cope but found out those constipation was intestinal lymphoma. I couldn't afford futhur treatment so had to put her to rest. She got to the point where she weighed 8 pounds she was 12 1 year ago. I wish I knew how it happened or what caused it. It teared me alot I couldn't be in the room when they put her to rest. I had her since 2007 she was born may 9th . How can I deal with the lost I had her for 11 years it is not fair that she had to get that

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm so very very sorry this happened! There's no real way to know whether a bad cat food additive we can't avoid, or something in the water that isn't removed through water treatment or something we all are breathing and can't avoid causes nasty things like this.
You gave your cat a gift of letting her go. Her pain is no more, and she loves you still.
RIP sweetheart, your pawprints are on a heart and soul forever.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry that this happened, sometimes these horrible things just happen and we never know why, but she was loved and she loved you and your love will live forever. She is not sick anymore and where she is now is beautiful, and you will see her again one day and it will be tears of joy not sadness.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I am sorry for your loss, I hope your heart heals a bit more each day, Lord Bless you......:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so very sorry for your loss. I can only imagine how heartbreaking this must be.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

candie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Will this impact my other cat I worry she will miss her and stop eating. I am hoping she won't be like that cause I can't loose my other furbaby girl

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Will this impact my other cat I worry she will miss her and stop eating. I am hoping she won't be like that cause I can't loose my other furbaby girl
She also is grieving and knows she is gone, you need to take care of her right now as she needs to help you; together the both of you will get through this.....:rbheart:

Mylittlepony

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am trying to cope but found out those constipation was intestinal lymphoma. I couldn't afford futhur treatment so had to put her to rest. She got to the point where she weighed 8 pounds she was 12 1 year ago. I wish I knew how it happened or what caused it. It teared me alot I couldn't be in the room when they put her to rest. I had her since 2007 she was born may 9th . How can I deal with the lost I had her for 11 years it is not fair that she had to get that
I'm so sorry you lost Melody, I lost my Harry in February, same thing. Harry had digestion problems all of his life, he was a rescue and I was told about it and did everything, but there is only so far you can go without destroying their quality of life. It's totally not fair and so random, we can only do our best. Take comfort in the knowledge that she had the best care and love from you, its so hard.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I lost my Burt last year to this, it is horrible to see the suffering and not being able do anything about it. Don't blame yourself that it was something you did to cause this horrible disease, I believe it is mostly genetics. I have seen too many humans lately die of cancer that led lives of careful eating, lots of exercise and the best in medical help. Treatments are expensive and often just prolong the enevitable.
She had you and your love, it is all she needed and wanted. She shared your life for eleven years, years full of love, wonder and joy. You took her into your heart and that is where she will always be, sharing the loves of your past and yet to come. You couldn't let someone suffer that you love so much. When life becomes an existence instead of living it is time.
Of course it hurts, of course your life seems empty right now. The bond you hold with her will bring you comfort if you let it, she is near and always will be, connected to your soul and following your own life's journey forever. Try to think what you would want for her if your were the first to go, you would want for her to find happiness once more, to go into the future and find light. She wants no less for you, because that is what true love is.
My heart goes out to you, I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. Time is the only thing that helps a broken heart, remember, " death cannot take that which never dies", and your love for her never will. Take care..,...RIP precious Melody. You will never be forgotten, you will forever have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

candie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I realized that 23rd feels like a bad number I lost one cat years ago March 23 and my recent one July 23 and my birthday is September 23 and I am hating that number. I saw my cat staring at the wall like she is thinking. She still eats but I wonder if a cat can sense a spirit.

candie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i have two videos of my cat sorry if they are poor quality
this is melody being vocal she was my chitter chatter

and this is her sucking on her paw this is the most unique thing i ever seen out of all the cats i have had.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Melody, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

What a lovely girl Meloday was, and is, and will be always. I know you miss her physical presence so deeply, but love does not die. Not ever. It changes form and continues on, still Love. She is with you still. But OH, how her physical form is missed. And yes, your remaining girl will almost certainly grieve. For Melody was a sister to her. But she, like you, will move through this. We never "get over," but we do "get through," and come to that place where the memories are more of a comfort than a reminder of loss. HUGS to you both.

candie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Melody, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

What a lovely girl Meloday was, and is, and will be always. I know you miss her physical presence so deeply, but love does not die. Not ever. It changes form and continues on, still Love. She is with you still. But OH, how her physical form is missed. And yes, your remaining girl will almost certainly grieve. For Melody was a sister to her. But she, like you, will move through this. We never "get over," but we do "get through," and come to that place where the memories are more of a comfort than a reminder of loss. HUGS to you both.
Those words are good to hear. I know cats are here for a short lifespan. I hope to see her again one day . I am still emotionally in pain but me and my other cat is each other support. She been sleeping next to me in bed since Melody is gone.

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry. It's surprising how big a hole a loss of our sweet pets can leave in our lives. If there is a heaven, our spirits will be together again, someday.

candie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am in a depressing mood I really hope to see Melody in heaven. I am starting to pray at night. I hug my cat I have now but it still hurts. Sometimes I think if I die will I see her it really is so painful. It makes me wonder if I should have kept her cremation but it is to late. Why did cancer chose her I feel like something hate me and took her away from me.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
It does hurt, it hurts so bad that you too feel like you will die and don't care if you do, but you WILL be able to deal with it, but right now the grief is controlling you and it will for awhile, it's like having an allergic reaction to something you just have to give it time to wear off and it will, but right now is awful.

You are not being punished, she was sick and that happens, something doesn't hate you it's just the way life goes sometimes. We lost Smoke to a sudden heart attack, Sassy one day was paralyzed and despite surgery and rehab never walked again, Serenity had a brain tumor, Simon had stomach cancer, Sebastian was constipated and had kidney disease, Skipper died suddenly probably his heart or stroke....my point is sometimes these bad things just happen, we hate it and wish that they wouldn't but they do, it's just life sadly.

I know it hurts, I know, let it hurt, love your other kitty and each day will be just a tiny bit better, hang in there we are here for you and we know how it hurts right now.....:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:

Tabbytastic

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My heart goes out to you, I’m so sorry for your loss. It is so very unfair when our loved ones develop these nasty diseases. It really does make you feel so heartbroken and flattened. I lost my boy back in March to a similar condition, I still feel pain now but it has eased up a little. I will be thinking of you in the weeks ahead. I love the videos of her, treasure them. RIP Melody x