I let them meet...

bren75

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I put her back in isolation now but I did bring her down to meet Hope and Hershey...

Surprisingly Hope was very interested and friendly.... BUT REESES HISSED and didn't like her LOL...
After lots of reassuring she finially stopped hissing at Hope...
But ignored her as she was checking out the new room...

Then I went and found Hershey... I was cautious with Hershey cause if you recall she is still semiferal she doesn't like humans. So I put the baby in an area near her. Well Reese was sniffing and checking out the area and walked up to Hershey.... Hershey not sure of who she was went to sniff her and Reese Hissed at her which in turn cause Hershey to hiss back... SO I ran over and pulled Reese out cause Hershey is NOT declawed and I am not sure what she would do... so I put her farther back and played with Reese... Reese played and Hershey watched... She seemed interested but didn't join... Reese did go back up to her and all she did was sniff... SO I backed away to give them some space cause I make Herhsey nervous..... Hope came in the room and they both were checkin out the new kid..... They were up on the cat tree I have.... well its 3 levels... I watched Reese as she looked over the edge... I knew she knew how to get down cause she went down the plat forms earlier but for some reason she tried to climb down off the side and then leaped to the floor... WELL she got hurt...... She limped over to me I quickly swooped her up and hugged her and felt her legs.... They felt fine so I put her down she seemed to walk okay but I could tell she wsa hurt... so I put her back up in her room. She is walking on it fine now so maybe she just pulled a muscle or something... Such a little tuffy (want to be anyway) LOL.
I may try a reintroduction tomorrow don't want to stress them all out. I figure a little at a time.

Thats all for now.....

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have found that allowing the resident cats a safe viewing area of the new addition really helps them to accept each other. Be it behind a baby gate by not having to be up and close but still able to watch the new one. They have always shown a big interest in watching. And feel safe behind a baby gate with the new kitten in a bedroom. I stand near by just in case . But nothing has ever happened. Maybe some hissing when ever the new kitten came up close to the gate. Then the resident cats would hiss and run!
My newest addition added mid summer went over very well. It only took a few days before the kitten could safely run through the house . At first with me home to supervise of course. I always would shut them away fromeach other the first two weeks when not at home. Just to be safe.
I always envision the big cats attacking savagely. Claws ,teeth ,eyes ,dug out furr flying... But it never has happened . Of course it can so do be right there the 1st couple of weeks. My female Siamese hissed alot and once in awhile she would swipe at the kitten when she got right in her face. But not attack after she showed her bravery she ended up running away.. And this tiny kitten would be sitting there thinking hmm where she go off to the big sissy..
Sounds like your off to go a good start. hopefully very soon your new baby will be one of the pack tearing through the house. Usually its the kitten who pesters the older ones. I find they want to sleep and the baby of the family wants to play..

emb_78

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"I have found that allowing the resident cats a safe viewing area of the new addition really helps them to accept each other. Be it behind a baby gate by not having to be up and close but still able to watch the new one. They have always shown a big interest in watching. And feel other the first two weeks when not at home. Just to be safe."
I agree!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bren75

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

I'll move this to Behavior.
Okay... but I wasn't posting it for bahavior comments....
I was just updating on my new lil one....

People had asked for updates when I brought Reese out of isolation..

I don't see this behavior as any issue or anything outside of normal..

but whatever....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bren75

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
ps) thanks for the babygate suggestions... but lil reese climbed right up and over the ones I have.... She figured that out days ago LOL