I left the kitchen..for one minute..

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by evnshawn

Too funny. I use my microwave as a "holding pen" for food that I'm leaving out like that just to avoid that very thing.
Yip, me too!
LOL, that picture is too funny! Reminds me of fossilised dinosaur tracks - maybe she wanted to immortalise her footprints?

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Reminds me of when my niece was about 3. My mother-in-law put her on the counter next to the brownies. Next thing we knew there little finger holes punched all over the brownies. We went ahead and had them anyway.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That? Is the funniest thing I've seen in a long time! Thanks for the much needed laugh!

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a panic moment one day. Some weeks after Jack had joined my family, I had accidentally left a pyramid of cooled brownies out, although covered with saran wrap. I was gone no longer than ten minutes. Outside. I came back in, the saran wrap had been lifted at one side and a bottom brownie was missing. A WHOLE two-inch-square brownie. Other than JoJo and Jack, I live alone... so there's no human pilferers.

I freaked as usual. Called a vet who was actually open that day (Sunday). The receptionist conferred with the vet. I was told that since brownies have other ingredients that essentially 'dilute' the chocolate, it's not as lethal. I was told to keep an eye on him (assuming it's Jack, since he had already attacked other non-chocolate foods), and if he started vomiting and what not, to bring him in. He never did.

About an hour later, I was coming down the stairs (this was back in Syracuse, NY, in a townhouse) and saw JoJo sniffing at something hidden next to the couch. Upon closer investigation, I found it to be half of the missing brownie. The distance he wouldn't had to carry that thing, along with the light carpet along the way and lack of crumbs, makes me wonder to this very day.

After he destroyed my salt shaker (by batting it off the kitchen counter) a year ago, Jack doesn't climb on the kitchen counters anymore.

Now, I wouldnt' go feeding brownie bits to my cats, but if they accidentally nibble one, just keep an eye on them. If they start acting sick, and vomit, call your vet.
Amanda

Originally Posted by Bugaboo1

Did your cat eat any of it. You know chocolate is not good for cats. In fact it can be toxic to cats and dogs.