I know this lady stole my cat

spunkey11

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat went missing August 26th.  I live in a small town, on a relatively large street.  11 cats have also gone missing from our road, which is much like a city block, attaching to another street.  Anyways,  11 cats is a lot.  All of us have hunted out in the woods looking for our beloved cats, some more than others.  I continue to search for mine I'm not sure about the rest.  No scat with remains have been found...no clumps of hair or bones other than from squirrels or mice..I'm distraught. 

Shortly after a friend of mine,  a much better friend then I though, had gone to this lady's home because she's well known for stealing peoples pets.  She sets up live traps and takes the neighborhood cats in, because she believes no one should let their cat out.  It's been well documented in our local newspaper, about how she doesn't sleep much and traps often.  The town even patted her on her back for doing so and funded a "cat house" which was shut down for holding something like 300 cats and charging people $500 if they adopted a cat and the nut trapped it again.  Well this lady lives basically a mile away from my house and my cat was spotted last near one of her favorite trapping spots.

My cat was an escape artist and it was almost impossible to keep her in.  I didn't intentionally let her out, it just happened.  So to continue this conspiracy we contacted the hsus.   I contacted PETA, he didn't they suggested I allow the HSUS to help and not get the cats completely lost in the shuffle.  In September they went in and supposedly according to the local humaine society removed 37 cats...a person helping told me they removed around 80, they told my husband 42.  So, where did these cats go?  no one knows.  I look at petfinder daily.  I even have the app on my phone.  I personally went to the womens house after notifying the state police I was going to, just incase she called the cops on me for knocking on her door...which she does often.  She stared at me and cats literally piled up onto the windows.  Except my cat did not.  She just stared at me and I stared back...and then walked away because she's crazy... (My friend swears he saw her in the basement screaming to get out....She screamed, she didn't cry....that was one of her many trademarks.  He didn't know that).  So anyways the ASPCA was all patting themselves on the back telling me how great they are and they need to work with this women because she is ill and doesn't want her to hurt the cats...etc....I told her my friend swears he saw her in the basement they told me....she said she doesn't have a basement...and they believe her.  Well guess what...she does.   I have another friend who knew the house before the crazy cat lady moved in.  Theres a finished basement.  The same women also knows the crazy cat women's brother, who complains about the drywall in the basement disrepair and how it's soaked in urine.  UUUUUUUUUUUUUGH...

So monday 1/26/15 apparently a fellow cat hoarder helped this women move more cats..90...90 cats.  that's sickening.  She said 160 of this womens cats have been moved, most out of state.  These cats were moved to Massachusetts, the location told me they didn't receive cats from here. 

Today 1/29 I called a psychic because I'm flaky and I believe in people being able to know stuff...just like I know my cat is alive because I can feel her and still smell her and I know she's alive...I know it...I just know she's alive and there  The psychic asked me for my cats name and told me that someone has her and takes a lot of peoples cats and hides them.. Shes in good health, and has gotten out to come home to me but a younger person helping this older nutcase lady caught her and moved her to a home closer to a school. 

I know because of how she treated me, and I just know my cat is alive because she's my soulkitty.   She has another house a town away but no one listens to that since the deed remains in her deceased mothers name.  which itself is illegal.  if she knows someone is looking for their cat she takes them there and hides them. I know a person who works at our local pet food shop she buys 3 50lb bag of food every other week...thank you disability and welfare my money is being well spent to help fund this nut. 

So what do I do?  Do I continue thinking I'm nuts because I know she has her because she's done this to soooooo many other people and no one will help me legally?  The cops do nothing,  the humaine society isn't funded by my town so they legally aren't supposed to help or they lose funding.  I just want my cat back.  I have posters up and I get sad when people take them down and I put them back.  It's not fair.  Life isn't fair but that's human life.  This is my cat.  A cat my ex tried to kill and I knocked him out and left.  A cat I moved for when a landlord told me I couldn't keep her.  A cat I had since she was 4weeks old and smelled like heaven.  I won't give up.  And I will find out somehow.  I'm at a loss. 

stephenq

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

My cat went missing August 26th.  I live in a small town, on a relatively large street.  11 cats have also gone missing from our road, which is much like a city block, attaching to another street.  Anyways,  11 cats is a lot.  All of us have hunted out in the woods looking for our beloved cats, some more than others.  I continue to search for mine I'm not sure about the rest.  No scat with remains have been found...no clumps of hair or bones other than from squirrels or mice..I'm distraught. 
This is obviously a tough situation anbd I'm very sorry.  One possible avenue is contacting your board of health dept, they may be able to go in on health code violations.  I assume you've contacted your local animal control officer, that would be step one.

khy-sa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Was your cat microchipped? If so, and you have records of it, then you could demonstrate clear proof of ownership of the cat in question, assuming the crazy lady still has your cat. Contact the police and/or animal control and report your cat missing with its chip number. Indicate that the crazy lady takes in strays and you believe that your cat could have been inadvertently taken in; they should be able to check for your cat via chip.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

spunkey11

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
One of my biggest regrets is not getting her microchipped. I got her 11years ago at a small petstore and she was one of many feral kittens. I think she was 4 weeks. I ha e 1000s of photos and every single vet visit documented. She's has very distinct markings luckily

spunkey11

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've contacted everyone. They don't want to "bother with her" since she's notorious for being crazy.

spunkey11

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It's not fair...where are my rights. All I'm told when asking that is this is america. My America says pets are personal property and she took mine

pocho

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You have to get a secret agent on the case. If she has helpers you need to infiltrate that scene. Maybe another younger person. Sounds silly but possibly the only way? I'm serious! This is so disturbing to hear and echoes my struggles with catladies who want to possess all kitties of the world. My struggles also involved cops being called and in the end you have to take it upon yourself. I really pray for your reunion with your soulmate. And it is not a flakey thing to recognise that exists. You can find that idea in Hinduism for example.

pocho

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sorry, to clarify....get her a new helper that actually is working for you. Or PAY someone...

charlismom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How about you post some fliers indicating lost cat, and that it needs medication, and whatever else you can think of that would make her take it to a vet...watch her leave with the cat carrier, and follow her to the vet. 

lol

pocho

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My Giuseppi is my soulmate undeniably btw. God bless and please undate.

pocho

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
And as soon as possible (if possible) sabotage her trapping. Find out where and when and her feeding/baiting schedule. At the very least you will have the consolation that you're saving other people and cats from suffering. Also, many kitties with particular temperaments really need to have access to the outside. So don't feel guilty you let yours outside. That isn't what should be regulated. Humans like her need rules enforced regardless of her mental state or more accurately because of it. She's together enough to trap and hoard...stop her trapping. Might have to stay up some nights. I would take the cats cage and all. I would also put up posters of her! Not your cat necessarily to warn people and shame her. Put one up at place she buys food and talk to vet she uses...

morganalefae

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Im sorry your fur baby is missing and wish I could offer some help if the local police health department and ASPCA etc will not help there is not much you can do other then get a private investigator then take all the info to the local police (make copies) and if they do nothing see if u can take legal steps against the town for allowing animal cruelty to take place, plus laying traps were kids could get near them or having traps set on private property or even public (I would say this would be classed as a public nuisance and a public safety issue). but that's the logical side of me the other side is screaming kick the door in and give her a good bum kicking. I hope u get ur baby back tho. *hugs*

sparrowhawk

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm incredibly sorry. I went through the exact same thing - we had a crazy neighbor (multiple complaints to the police for causing mischief, pathological liar - even when she had nothing to gain, told of adventures she had that weren't even possible).

For two weeks we had no clue what happened to her. She wasn't a hunter and rarely ventured far from the barn, so we highly doubted she got hurt abroad. Then our vet called. He said the crazy lady brought our cat in, underweight, claiming it had tried moving into her garage where she had been feeding and playing with it (baloney, she was terrified of both people she didn't know and new places), and even without her collar (the lady had removed it), our vet instantly recognized our cat (benefit of living in a small town).

When we called her to confront her, her adult daughter (older 20's) answered the phone. When we explained the situation to her, she was very apologetic, and she was the one who told us her mother kidnapped our cat - as in baited a trap with tuna and set it in an adjacent field between our houses. She (the daughter) knew it was someone's pet when her mother brought it home, but her mother had already removed the tags. I felt sorry for the daughter actually, she had moved in after many complaints against her mother to try and help keep her out of trouble.

Our cat was tramatized, and no longer trusted anybody - she had known us her whole life, and now she fled when she saw us to her favorite hiding spot in the barn (further proof it was our cat). Even though I was always more of a dog person growing up, and we had two dogs at the time, it broke my heart to see how Cloey's mind had been so badly scarred from the ordeal (any cat would be upset, but Cloey had always been timid to begin with). Instead of playing with my dogs when I got home from school, I insisted on feeding the cats for the next three weeks (as in, no one else could feed them). After I placed the food, I would sit, far away, but in the barn, so the cat not only knew I brought the food, but, started to get used to my presence while eating. The second week I got about 6 feet away from the food bowl and laid on my side/back, showing I was not a threat. Finally, on the third week, I got right next to the bowl, but still did not pet the cat - any movement and she was hiding.

I had been averaging 3-4 hours a day in that barn. I even started taking my homework in it. Early in the fourth week, after feeding the other cats (Cloey was always last), i put the remaining food back in the container, put some in my hand, laid down on my side next to the bowl, and waited. It took two and a half hours, but Cloey finally ate out of my hand again, and for the first time in over 6 weeks, I was able to pet her.

It took some time, but Cloey eventually came back to herself. It took me much longer to forgive the neighbor.

pocho

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It still breaks my heart to know where some of my ferals ended up. And although forever homes are generally a better life for most social ferals, where mine ended up are the equivalent of coffins guised as security. There are many misguided insane helpers who simply project onto the animals their issues and the animals suffer. Now we have an environment of a chaotic free for all where anyone can trap and claim they are helping using the ideas of the TNR movement or indoor only movement which is so desperate to be promoted nobody checks to see how those ideas are being implemented and by who. Thank god you got your kitty back! I really hope Spunkey11 gets her cat back.