I know this is a cat forum but please if anyone could help me with my mum in laws dog I would be gra

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's pancreatitis and she isn't doing well at all,its just so sad, they said she isn't responding to treatment.x

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
maisy has passed away.xx R.I.P sweet, beautiful girl.xx

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, I think that means she's speechless. Sadly :(.

Pancreatitis is usually treatable, unless it's caused by cancer or something like that. Do they know what the masses they saw were? With supportive care and a feeding tube they should be able to help her, especially since she's so young. Although with it going on for so long I wonder if there was pancreatic damage :(. I hope the vet is a good one and they can sort her out! :vibes:

Last edited:

milk maid

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh Ruthy I am so so sorry to hear that Maisy has gone to the bridge 
 Run free little one

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mil has been to say goodbye to her this morning, she said her heart is broken. She discussed all with the vet and he said that they wouldn't have tube fed her as she was being sick a lot and the anti sickness syrup was just not working. She developed pancreatitis because she didn't eat, she didn't have diabetes all along as mil thought it should have shown up on the first blood tests and thought the vet failed to spot it but this isn't the case. The vet said that there really was nothing they could have done and she took her to 2 different vets and they both followed the same treatment plan, the last scan showed that all was healthy with her insides and it was only the last couple of days she got worse and she started being sick again and this is why they didn't recommend tube feeding her, if she wasn't sick they said they would have. They are having her cremated and mil is keeping her ashes. She really is devestated, last year she lost her dad and the year before that her mum.All I can hope now is that Maisy is now at peace.x