I know it's irrational; but I am SOOO upset!!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Seriously!! I posted a few days ago about the playset I found on Craigslist that I wanted for my daughter. After talking with everyone here and asking around I was SOOOOO excited and like 99% sure we would be buying it for her on Saturday.

I just got about the bluntest e-mail ever saying they decided to keep it in the family. I know that's there right and everything; but I feel like I've been slapped.

It was like the stars aligned last weekend. I haven't been on Craigslist in a while; but Friday night I decided to look real quick. Saturday DH mentioned wanting to get Tressa a swing-set. I showed him that ad and he was all for it. We hadn't been planning to get her anything like that so quick...we were thinking a big set in another year or 2. So I was e-mailing back and forth. We'd have seen it already but they were out of town. Now this. I was seriously excited and I couldn't wait to go. Had their address ready and everything. Now I want to egg their house. (No I would NEVER EVER do anything like that. But I'm mad.) I know they didn't; but it feels like they hurt my baby!! She would have loved it!! I could see her on it....I imagined us playing outside together all summer.

I never used to be an emotional person.... I cried when AC Moore wouldn't let me use a coupon on a pillow pet last Christmas (I did get one eventually and my daughter adores the thing!). Now here I go again.... Thank GOD Tressa isn't old enough to be disappointed!! I might actually have replied with some regrettable words...other than "if you change your mind, let us know."

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG what idiots, why even put it on there? rather that they probably forund someone else willing to pay more, that's awful, I know how you feel, been there, done that and it sucks. x

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww! I'm sorry
I know you were looking forward to it, and it was one heck of a deal!

I also think that they probably sold it to someone else for more money, which sucks!

Keep your eyes open and something else will come up!

Where do you live? I can help look too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks. I just wish they could have at least been more polite about it. The format of her e-mails looks like it came from a phone; but still. But they could at least have said they were sorry. They were out of town Sunday to Wednesday; and she sent it last night. So I'm not sure when someone would have seen it and why would they offer more than the ad asked?

I sent my husband a text to let him know; he said we will find her something better. I sure hope so.

cheshirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That stinks! This is why I stay away from that site. I see too many things that just upset me.

I'd take this as a sign that the thing wasn't as good as you hoped it would be.