I know its been awhile... but I have something to tell all of you...

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry. I can imagine like you said that the not knowing would be the worst part.

I know it's hard but please don't beat yourself up. Things like this happen in a split second and it could have happend to anyone of us. I know that is really no consulation, but I just don't want you to be too hard on yourself.

Lilo is beautiful, and sounds like a very smart girl. 5 months is a long time, but a smart cat like that can survive for much longer than that. At the shelter I volunteer for we had a cat for almost a year, and one day someone came in and said I think you have my cat. Jerry was differnt kind of cat and was generally very agressive with people. We put Jerry in her arms & that big bad scarry guy turned to mush & you could just see in his eyes that he knew and loved her. That's after a year, so if you believe she's still out there some where I think your right. I'm sending lots of vibes that you will come home one day & find her on your door step just like you imagine.

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sarah, I'm so sorry to hear the news about Lilo. Have you ever thought of going door to door where you live now and personally hand them a flyer? What if she is in someone's house and they just don't want to give her up? You might get a glimpse of her if she is locked away in someone's house in your new neighborhood. I hope you find your baby!

ashleigh

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm so very sorry to hear Lilo is missing, please don't give up hope ever. Maybe she wandered from one to another house and you crossed paths, someone kept seeing her and started to feed her and took her in.

Maybe she wandered a bit outside the area and you could put fliers out there? Door to door fliers which someone suggested sounds a great idea and even if she isn't with them it may jog someones memory.

I had lived here for 1 year when a lady knocked on my door looking for a cat, she had lived in this area and moved and her cat went missing, so every year she does the rounds here knocking on doors and seeing if she can find her baby (5 years on) from the photo she showed me I actually remember the cat who was always around here when I first moved here as I remember it being very distinct, I told her I'd always seen it but hadn't for a while, but it had looked healthy and in no distress, even if the cat had now passed I at least hoped it helped her to know her cat had been looked after.

keep the faith, I will pray your baby comes home to you very soon xx

karenm

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She's beautiful! I'm sorry to hear your loss. Please don't give up hope!

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awe Sarah I am so sorry
And I too know how u are feeling, from Mr.Willie here taken little adventures and not coming home a few times, the first time he did it he was gone for more than 8 months and I know the feeling you have
I felt that way the whole time !! He however was microchipped so someone had finally taken him to a vet and they found it
!! But these nice kind people had him the whole time they were in a whole other area than us so we didnt get to see their fliers
!! Then the second time he went missing (this past December) It was a hard one seeing how he is 11 years old I was very worried
But the whole time once again I had the feeling that u have and it did help...and I was the only one who actually had that feeling and stayed with hope and sure enough on the 11th of January some one finally turned him into the shelter and we got our willie back in poor condition
...mind u we had fliers everywhere and he was in our area in all the food stores around here, the paper and no one called about him...but we did get a few calls just wrong kitties
!!! But I really do know exactly what you are talking about and feeling
If u need someone to talk to I too am here for u
And just remember keep up hope
And I am sending many many come home for Lilo

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OMG, my heart goes out to you! We've never had one of our indoor kitties go missing, but when we cared for the feral colony it was always heartbreaking when someone didn't show up. I know it's not the same thing, but like you say, it is the not knowing that just SUCKS.

I totally believe that if you still feel her around, then she's there. I totally agree - I'd put flyers in all the mail boxes of all the homes within a four block radius.

The rule of thumb is that when cats bolt, they stay within a one block radius, and they hunker down and won't come when called. If you still feel her presence, have a get together of friends and family. Ring neighbors doorbells, ask them if it's OK for you to look in the yards, and search EVERYWHERE within a couple of blocks. Maybe do the same thing again within a one-two block radius of your old house too. Make sure everyone comes with a flashlight.

Search under porches, decks, ask people to check their garages, drain pipes, bushes, & etc. You may find by interacting with all your neighbors that someone has adopted Lilo and didn't respond to the posters - but that knocking on their door might result in a different response.

Laurie

menasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Any word on Lilo???? I'm still hoping and praying she'll find her way home or her mommy will find her...

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
This is awful
I hope she comes home soon. I am sure she is safe and like you say, she just wandered off to find her 'home' instead of being in a strange place.
Maybe some kind person is taking care of her until you come and get her

opilot

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't know you, but I know your pain. I lost (2) cats (2) weeks apart.

I have looked for 3months solid, no cats. I believe that one cat was harmed by a neighbor... but I can't prove who, or when or where.

The other cat, I believe either met an untimely end, or was taken in by neighbors who will not give her back or do not know I am looking (though with the signs I did, I can't see how that could be.)

I have rescued other cats - 2 kittens to date - and now a large orange tom resides in my basement... not mine, but we'll give it a go finding the owners.

But I will never know. I continue to hope my 2 cats can be found, will be found and are okay and alive ... the one I hope is finding her way home even as we speak, the other being cared for like the tiny Princess she was/is.

So my heart goes out to you. Please remember to check with the feral cat caretakers - as your cat if she wanders may make it to a feral colony - look for food sources - dumpsters etc. Look in the drain systems and lastly, don't forget that if she IS found, they people who find her may simply NOT look for an owner. Sad as that is.

I pray for you and LILO and that you be reunited soon!