i know i'm going to get murdered for this one...

huntercats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wow they sound like a handful. I think you should give them new homes or if their spayed and neutered encourage them to play outside to wear their claws out more, give them more stimulation and tire them out. That's if you have a fence. I don't know what the laws are like in your country. I hate scratchy cats too.  I'm actually a dog person. Don't declaw them. Imagine someone amputating their kids fingertips because they keep biting their nails or some other incorrect behavior. They sound like they'd make good barn/farm cats. They have the energy for it. See if someones interested.

stella123

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
just let them go outside and let all this energy loose out there.

If you can let them out then i really would.

my cats never scratched or ripped anything...non of my previous cats did either....after a play outside all they want is food and a warm place to sleep.

sometimes older cats don't want toys..they want new sights and smells...and toys do not give them a way to use thier natural erge's.

If you want to wear yoour cats out so shredding your furniture seems too much effort for them...go on ebay and buy a couple of them lazor lights...my cat spends hours chasing the little red light all over the house...then sleeps for hours...lol..plus its really great amusment for us watching them...lol..

hope your get this sorted soon...but please don't de-claw them....thats like us having the tip of our fingers ripped off..and it hurts them for ages afterwards...

bugmankeith

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cats go outside about an hour a day ( only if they want to and if the weather is nice). They let all their energy out and don't scratch, eat, or destroy anything in my house. I'd rather do this than ever declaw! There is sticky tape you can put on furniture where they hate the feel and won't scratch. You can also buy a huge scratching tower and sprinkle dry catnip all over and buy lots of catnip toys, I guarantee they will play with that ! You can grow fresh catnip and cat grass too.

My cats have access to windowsills to sit in and look outside all day, and in nice weather a screen to let fresh air in, it really helps keep them entertained!