I know, but just wondering.....

sol

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

I was kinda hoping that my kittens would have stayed with the points and the tabby body stripes
You never know about Mother Nature sometimes

I've also seen a "reverse" blue cream calico barn cat. She was basically white and cream but either had blue or blue tabby on her. However it was only 2 spots of the blue - on her ear and a very small patch on her back - so little of the other color you could not tell if it was a solid or a tabby.

Very unusual coloring and it was a male instead of female, I would have adopted her and shown her - I just prefer males to show
I've bred a "reverse" tortie. She's warm red with only one or two black spots, but she's a tortie. I've seen a true calico male and Devon Rexes with so much white spotting and strange colored spots that DNA-tests have been demanded to determine color... so there are many colors that are hard to determine but in the en most of them are possible to determine. Often there's also a scientific explanation to deviations such as calico males and "freaky varieties of very common colors".

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hollow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am still doing research on showing him.

Will he need to wear a collar at the show? I have never seen a cat wear one, but I don't know about the HHP.

What "cage cover" color would be best to show his coloring off? I was thinking red, but please tell me yall's opinions.

like I stated in my post, I'm not expecting to have a "pure bred", and I have read before where you just don't find them in a shelter. But, after looking at British Shorthairs, Russian Blues, Charteaux, and Korats, I made a little chart and wrote down the requirements of each and the one he comes closest to is a Korat.
Lighter undercoat
Yellow/Amber eyes, then turn green as get older (mature to adult @2-4 yrs)
Blue nose
Blue, Lavender, pinkish tinged pads
Allowed ghost markings in kitten until adulthood (2-4 yrs olds)

He does have a lighter undercoat
He has yellow eyes, with green around the pupil and green getting larger.
His nose is blue
His paw pads are very dark pink, could be a dark mauve or lavender
And the markings. He has no "stripes" on his head, the are only on his sides, tail and legs, but like I mentioned before, when you look at him one way you can't see them, and look another way and there they are. I had a heck of a time getting a picture at just the right angle and light so that they would show up in a picture.
But you guys know way more than I do, and it doesn't matter, we just love that little man so so much we wouldn't care if he started turning pink, purple or green! hehe.

We can't wait until Feb. I am getting nervous already. I can see him with a judge...Baloo not letting the judge look at him, because he wants the judge to pick him up and love on him or the judge can't look at him for Baloo wanting to play with the feather or somthing. hehehe.

Oh, one other question....how often to yall go to shows?

hollow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
And the main thing I wanted to say is.........Thank You!!!!!!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I'll have to confess that Sol just may be right about the "ghost" striping and not a true tabby. Both Aby and I got fooled on this one

Anyway, cats NEVER wear a collar in a show ring. And I would strongly advise you if you are showing him to take off the collar for awhile so there is no collar mark on the neck. Many judges will think the cat goes outside (in US that's a no-no).

And with him being blue - I find the best colors would be medium green, gold, or purple. Not red
I had Russian Blues and they looked outstanding on medium to emerald green or purple backgrounds

hollow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh, yes, I see.......definately green, emerald green at that (my favorite color anyway). That should also make the green in his eyes come out even more!

Baloo nor my others wear a collar anyway, they are stickly indoors.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How often do I go to shows and show? As often as I can (not may shows in Asia) and when the pocket allows (it's very expensive to show in China and Hong Kong). As for background color, I would go with emerald green

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's funny, my friend's kitten was the opposite!
When he was young, you could see faint spotting in his coat, especially in the sunlight. As he got older the spots vanished.

Baby photo:

Adult photo:

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most blues that come from solid lines - like the BSH. The Brits do start off with faint tabby markings. And it is allowed for show purposes. However, judges expect to see little to NO tabby markings by the time the cat reaches 8-10 months....

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Blues, creams, and reds show tabby markings almost all the time. Even RB kittens will have some striping on the tail/legs as kittens.

Aby's right- by the time the kitten is 7-8 months old they better not have the striping