I keep getting charley horses!!! Any suggestions???

cat52

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Shorty, YAY
Chapin it is, long live Dr. Demento!

Good heavens, you are living a full life (understatement). I could never carry the load you are carrying, but I have been as busy as I could take and so, speaking from muscle tics and chest pain experience...could it possibly be stress causing the cramps? Stress does leach the body...hope you find something that relieves the cramps soon!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pipersjo

Too much potassium will cause an abnormal heart rythym that can kill you.
That's only if you're body isn't processing it out properly or you get a very large dose at once (3-5g depending on the person). Less then that but not properly monitored can cause renal problems, just like practically every other supplement and medicines.

Originally Posted by Shorty14788

Thank you all for your suggestions. (I do drink soda. About 1-2 coke colas a day. which I'm sure isn't helping.) My cbc was fine. The only thing "abnormal" was that I had higher them normal rbc count. He said its because I'm a smoker. (Yes, I know its bad and I need to quit and I will do so soon. I just have so much stress from working full time, going to school full time, and then doing my internship) Its just a matter of getting in the habit of taking the supplements every day. I need to figure out a way to get in the routine of it.
1-2 isn't as bad as what I drink
so that may not be doing anything to you.

Since the cbc seemed fine you really should discuss this with a doctor thoroughly. It could be something else and just taking peoples advice for what seems to be a simple fix for the problem could be dangerous. Masking the symptom doesn't solve the problem.

While you're at it maybe you could check with a doctor about possible aids to help you quit smoking too? There are other ways to de-stress that won't harm you.