I just want to give up! (long)

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know, that's the saddest thing to me about Christmas: So much relies on what we get nowadays and how much is spent rather than the purpose behind it all.

Just keep the roof over your family's head and food in their mouth. That's the most important thing. Worry about Christmas once you have that established.
See if you can make payments for the rent over the next month.

Your boys may cry now, but as long as you keep a roof over their head, they'll thank you for it one day.

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lots of vibes headed your way. It sounds like you are in a tough situation. I hope it all works out

One thought I had, since it is Christmas time and all of the stores are busy.. could you maybe take on a late evening/night job someplace nearby. This way DH can watch the kids while your at work, and then your home during the days.. or you could work weekends if he is off at that time. Even if it is part time it would be a big help in digging you out of the hole.

cinder

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think it's time to reinforce your backbone. Stop hoping that others will do for you and try to get excited about what you can do yourself. Put up those decorations and explain to your kids that money is tight this year so you may have to make presents for each other. Or...if you can put together a few bucks, take them to a thrift store and see what they come up with.

As a child the only present I remember my grandparents bringing to our home was a bag of oranges. I like oranges.

I think you may have to use your imagination. Do you make and decorate cookies with your kids? Take a drive to view the lights? Go caroling? My parents never did any of these things, but in looking back, I wish they had.

Some nasty crap has been going around our house lately, and yet I see what others suffer through and I realize that I'm actually very fortunate. Ask yourself if you have to worry about being drug from your home, tortured and killed, whether you have enough to eat, whether you have your health...

Be strong for your kids. Make the holiday the best you can with what you have. You can do it.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so very sorry you and your family are going through this right now.
you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.
please take care of yourself.

april31

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I too think checking into a church would be something worth trying. I know around here where family sponser a family for x-mas. It is something i have thought of doing lately giving back to those who need it. I too have been in your situation and all i can say is just hang in there children understand more then we give them credit for.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Alycia, everyone has given you such awesome advice, I feel like I have nothing else to add other than the fact that you and your family are in my prayers. I understand how hard it can be to not have enough money. I did want to share one thing with you though- when I was a little girl, my mom was dealing with a divorce, working full time, and raising my sisters and i on our own...I was young- about your sons age....my mom said us down and told us that there was not a lot of $$$ to go around that year for presents. She explained to us what Christmas was really all about....and that year, instead of focusing on presents....we had one of the best Christmas's i can recall. We each made homemade gifts for each other- and all of the love and energy we poured into them personalizing them- ment more to us than all of the gifts money could buy. I know it may seem like a horrible thing to have to tell your children there is not a lot of $$ to go around, but try to stay positive sweetheart- things WILL be ok. Sometimes the best Christmas presents are those we make and personalize ourselves- those are the ones we remember years down the road- so please do not worry over that. They are your children and they love you no matter what- as a family, ya'll are there together through the good times and through the rough ones- and you will make it through this time together and become stronger for it. I wish I were closer to you to help you out..but I definitely want you to know that You are in my prayers.
/ I would suggest talking to some of your local churches to see what you can come up with as far as the children go, or even some financial assistance...i'm sure they will be able to help you.
I would try to speak with a financial advisor (many churches have them for free) to try and help you come up with a solution to better help your family make ends meet more efficiently