I just want to cry...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
April, thanks for your opinion. It's a weird situation all the way around. Here's a little about it. I've been working in my store for 10 years. I started out as a cashier, then moved to the Clothing part, then a Customer Service Manager (I was there for almost 4 years). I then wanted & needed a change so I started working as a Pharmacy Technician in the Pharmacy. I was there for almost 5 years. I just recently changed my position & am a Support Manager for the entire store. So, I've done just about everything & still do everything from cashiering to bring in carts to selling guns. I applied to go into the Management Training Program (which is a hard thing to get into) & that's why I'll be moving to another town. I will be there for 5 months during my training & after that I'll be sent to yet another store where I'll be their Assistant Manager. It's not that I don't want to cashier, but it's all about respecting Management. At my store now, I don't get the respect that the Asst. Manager or the Store Manager gets because everyone knows me as "the girl who worked herself up from the bottom, but yet is too new into Management to know anything". Once I go into another store, they would only know me as Management...nothing else. It's hard to explain, but it's really important to have your associates respect the Management. If they see me as a Cashier first, they don't have to respect me then. It will just be weird to be their Management after that. Hope that makes sense...it really is hard to describe what I mean.

I did talk to my Store Manager who talked to the District Manager this morning. He said that he would try to work with me & have me fill in where I would be needed once I get up there on the 20th. So hopefully I won't have to be too much in the publics eye for those 2 weeks. I really don't know until I talk to him personally on Monday. I'm sure it will all turn out ok in the end, it's just an extra burden with I didn't need at the moment.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Hydroaxe
You're welcome Shell. Try to remember that saying when you're somewhere quiet, with a lot of people around, and you shouldn't be laughing out loud.
Then try other mixes like, "the oily bird squeaks the wheel"... or "the squeaky bird oils the worm"... or no wait, how about "the boily worm wheaks the squeel"... or something like that.
OMG Ryan! You crack me up so much!
I'm definitely going to remember "the boily worm wheaks the squeel"! LOL! Thanks so much for cheering me up when I really needed it!

skykitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Shell in that case I know that in your heart you will find the right answer. Hey, if your Store Manager can talk to the District Manager and get you some work in the meantime that sounds pretty good!

I wish you nothing but the best, Shell!

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Shell, does Lincoln have more than one store? If so, maybe you can fill in, at a different store. Hope that everything works out for you.

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally posted by Shell
OMG Ryan! You crack me up so much!
I'm definitely going to remember "the boily worm wheaks the squeel"! LOL! Thanks so much for cheering me up when I really needed it!
-glad you could have a laugh Shell.
Hopefully your store manager and district manager can be talked into giving you a better alternative than giving your co-workers the wrong impression. Otherwise, I think your way with people will pull you through. You're very outgoing.