I just off the phone with Chip's vet...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cloud_shade

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry. Keep all the photos you have--they become very precious memories. Take solice in your other cats--they will need reassurance and can be reassuring for you as well.

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your and your husband's loss - Chip was blessed in being so deeply loved.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fathom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for your kindness! It means a lot right now. Please give your pets an extra hug for us.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I haven't posted in this thread, but I've been following it. Fathom, I'm so sorry you lost your sweet boy, but you did the most loving thing in letting him go.

mer636

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I just noticed this thread and i'm sooo sorry for your loss!
I was reading it this evening and honestly i had tears throughout the end
i'm sorry for your loss again please take comfort in the other cats that love you and miss their brother as well

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fathom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you Mer. We have been spending lots of time with the other two. Scottie, the one we adopted with Chip, has been sleeping in Chip's bed, when not sleeping with us. Other then that they seem to be doing okay, but it could be too soon for them to realize anything is really wrong.

Thank you Rapunzel, I know letting him go was right. I think Chip was trying to tell us that by letting us remember our last moments together with love and affection, the was he was before he got so sick. Those are the times I remember, and it makes it very difficult to not feel hopeless and also blessed at the same time.

He really was the best cat!

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss. It is never an easy decision and FIP is such a frustrating diagnosis. I lost my Olivier to FIP and it was agonizing.
I am sure Olivier will show Chip the ropes over the Rainbow Bridge where they have endless birds to chase, sunshine and can eat tuna everyday if they want to.
RIP Chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.