Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

You can still have your pink sparkly shoes and keep your budget

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

Link 4
OMG! That's just hilarious!

I was gonna suggest the "wait till after Christmas" sales, too, but someone else beat me to it!

What about when you get your tax return??

I can relate to your wanting to spoil yourself a little. I wanted to buy a little something special for myself for Christmas, but it just ain't gonna happen!
As it is, I had to sell one of my rings, just so I'd have the money to get Geronimo neutered..
But he's worth it!

It sucks being an adult sometimes, doesn't it?

Would a pink kitten suffice??

~KK~

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

I'm SICK of being a responsible adult.
yea, that gets old sometimes

Originally Posted by lookingglass

go to the most expensive shop, and buy shoes. I want pink ones that sparkle.
Why can't I get pink sparkle shoes that cost $1200.00!
next question, is why would you wont those? sounds like a paris hilton thing, and someone how i cant see you wearing something like that

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I EVER spent $1200 on a pair of shoes, I would actually ask my husband to shoot me, because I would have lost my mind. But, I can understand the need to pamper yourself (I'm just not a shoe type of gal
). I agree check the after christmas sales, or use some of your tax return money. Your husband is being very responsible, and yes, it bites being a responsible adult (I HATE it!) but it's worth it.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Just tell your hubby that you didn't get a bonus after all, but someone gave you some really pretty pink, sparkly shoes!.
The husband of a friend of mine is very controlling when it comes to money. She worked and so did he...sometimes...but she didn't have the freedom to go and spend money, not even groceries. At one time he used to go with her to the store and write the cheque.

At first she was foolish enough to tell him when she got raises and bonuses because even then she didn't have freedom to spend any money without his approval.

I talked her into not telling him about her raises or bonuses so that she would have some spending money of her own that she didn't have to account to him for. She liked that idea. She even went and applied for a department store credit card and used my address to have the bill sent to. I was more than happy to help her
And she used the money she never told him about to pay the bill

It was years before he let up on the purse strings. But she still never told him about her raises. It would look funny if she never ever got a raise, so once every couple years she would tell him that she got a 10 cent an hour raise. That kept him happy, hehe

unicacat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I feel, if you worked hard for money, you can buy your shoes ( although pricey).
You live once, so live it.
or, get another credit that has 0 % APR, for 10 months, and pay it off then. yay!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

Because if you buy those shoes and have to put $1200 for gifts on the credit card, you could end up in this trap:

$1200 at 18% interest with $24 (2%) minimum monthly payments,
you will spend $1034 in interest (on $1200!), with 94 payments over 7.8 years.

http://www.consumercredit.com/CC-interestCalc.htm

Your husband sounds like a good guy.
He really is. We just got out of credit card debt so I can understand why he wants us to save part of what we are getting. We want to put 20% down on a house when we go buy it, so the pink sparkle shoes have to be put on hold for a while.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

OMG! That's just hilarious!

I was gonna suggest the "wait till after Christmas" sales, too, but someone else beat me to it!

What about when you get your tax return??

I can relate to your wanting to spoil yourself a little. I wanted to buy a little something special for myself for Christmas, but it just ain't gonna happen!
As it is, I had to sell one of my rings, just so I'd have the money to get Geronimo neutered..
But he's worth it!

It sucks being an adult sometimes, doesn't it?

Would a pink kitten suffice??

~KK~
I'm using my Tax returns to pay off most of my car, so I can get that payment done and over with.

Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

The husband of a friend of mine is very controlling when it comes to money. She worked and so did he...sometimes...but she didn't have the freedom to go and spend money, not even groceries. At one time he used to go with her to the store and write the cheque.

At first she was foolish enough to tell him when she got raises and bonuses because even then she didn't have freedom to spend any money without his approval.

I talked her into not telling him about her raises or bonuses so that she would have some spending money of her own that she didn't have to account to him for. She liked that idea. She even went and applied for a department store credit card and used my address to have the bill sent to. I was more than happy to help her
And she used the money she never told him about to pay the bill

It was years before he let up on the purse strings. But she still never told him about her raises. It would look funny if she never ever got a raise, so once every couple years she would tell him that she got a 10 cent an hour raise. That kept him happy, hehe
See that sucks, my DH isn't controlling about money he just makes sense when he talks about saving vs buying 1200 pink shoes with crystals on them. 1200 would pay for part of a class for graduate school for me.
Originally Posted by Unicacat

I feel, if you worked hard for money, you can buy your shoes ( although pricey).
You live once, so live it.
or, get another credit that has 0 % APR, for 10 months, and pay it off then. yay!
Nope! No more credit cards for us! We got rid of them, and refuse to use them anymore. If we can buy it in cash it's not something we need.