I just learned something!

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dushka will lie back in my arms, with her head back and legs splayed, inviting me (and only me) to rub her. She is doing this in my siggie. The others are more dignified, though will sometimes lie back with heads on the floor when I am petting them. But sometimes it will turn into rough play and then I have to stop quickly. Dushka will always lie on the floor with claws ready when Persil wants to play.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know I actually read this somewhere, because my alpha cat will always do that to the others & I was wondering if there was a change in rank happening, but no Jordan is still King of the house. Then I have Levi who will roll over on his belly so I can scratch his chest. He acts just like a dog when he does this, he even squirms around with this look of bliss on his face, but no belly rubbing because that causes him to want to play. I am sort of wondering about Levi & his playing lately. His play is becoming increasingly assertive bordering on aggresive. They have always played kind of ruff, but lately he's taken to jumping on Jordan's back & biting his neck (yes all three boys are neutered.) So I'm starting to wonder if I should buy a Feliway refill (I have the plug in but haven't refilled it lately) to try & calm him down a little.