I just have to vent a little

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG I am glad your wife is alright. I am always paraniod of shops when they work on our vehicles. We had an incident once when my husband changed oil and something happened with the new oil filter and we didn't know and went to the store. Thank god the store was only a few blocks away because on our way home I noticed a oil trail leading up to our driveway. We almost ran out of oil!

Our corvette has been in the shop for over a couple months now because we had a short in our ignition and put a new battery in the car. It was really weird because when you put the key in the ignition it would turn the key over with out your help! Anyway it turned into an electric nightmare causing other things to fry including the main computer. The Battery started to smoke and it is behind the drivers seat in the car. It was not a fault of anyones but what a nightmare. The reason the car has been gone so long is that the auto parts store keeps sending the wrong computer to the mechanic. It's an 82 corvette and I guess they are all having brain damage on the right part. I am scared to drive it when it comes home for fear the mechanic didn't fix everything right.

I hope the shop makes everything right with you. If they play games keep all your receipts and documents for civil court.