I just finished reading a fictional book on feral cats

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A few weeks ago there was an article in our Sunday paper about a book signing for an author who wrote a fictional book about feral cats.  Its is titled " Taming Me: Memoir of a Clever Island Cat" by Cathy Unruh.  I couldn't attend the signing, but knew I must read the book.  It is written from the kittens point of view.  I enjoyed it although at times it was difficult and sad.  Parts of the book were definitely fictional and sensationalized, but I enjoyed the parts of TNR and colony care.  I did struggle with knowing how much all of these cats suffer and what they must go through to survive. 

Just thought I would mention it in case anyone wants to check it out.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Tx for the tip!  The problem with such books is they are touching. I must have a lot of wipes at hand if Im to read them.  Thrue, with bathroom paper instead of bough wipes it gets a little cheaper, but the reading still quite demanding.    :)

Good luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You definitely need kleenex!  I knew it going into the read, but felt compelled to read it any way.  When I finished I asked myself if it was worth it.  I thought that it was.  It was an easy read and parts were so enjoyable.  Many of the reviews on Amazon say they couldn't put the book down.  For me, I had to put it down as I could only read it in chunks.  I needed to process it and let the emotions pass.