I just don't know what to do!

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At petsmart they have very thin flexable e-collars that come in all sizes. They were reasonable too, only about 5 bucks
or you could trim some of of the one she already has, it does'nt look too big-it just might be a little heavy for her. Give her a hug for me

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's interesting... At the shelter, I also volunteer on the front desk and help with appointments and check outs for the spay and neuter clinic. They use tissue glue rather than stitches for spay and neuters, so there's nothing to really pick at, and they tell people not to worry about collars. It's really only dogs who seem to pick at it because it can be a little tight, but if the owner has the dog on a leash, and just pulls her head away or distracts her for the first few hours she comes away from the clinic, they get used to it pretty quick.

In the 6 months I've worked there we haven't had one pet come back that I know of because they've managed to open the wound, and I have not had one phone call from anyone who's been worried about it. We're a highly regarded clinic, and I do think people would come back to us rather than the vet if they had a problem, but we don't seem to have any...

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have never had a problem with a cat opening the incision back up by scratching or licking. I have taken sooo many cats in to get fixed in the past few years and not one had any sort of problem where an e-collar was needed.